back to basics: a couple more!

Brass Monkey

Question

Hey folks.

I have another couple of really basic questions that I should have probably asked yonks ago but was too ashamed to ask!

Firstly, if a player chooses to reveal a scheme then I assume they must do so at the very outset of the game, not at any point they choose before the game ends? Is that right?

Secondly, if a stat trigger lists two suits then does the model need to meet either trigger or both triggers? I would have thought it's the former but I know I could be wrong.

Thank you.

3 answers to this question

The scheme will tell you when to reveal it.   When using the book schemes, some schemes give extra points when they are reveal before the game starts.   If you don’t reveal them at that time you don’t get the extra point.   

Best to give a example.  But I think your asking if a trigger had both :crow:mask   Then you need both suits to declare that trigger. To get both the suits you will need a built in suit in the action or spend a soulstone to declare a suit.  And flip/cheat the other one.   

• Thanks 1

The yasanori has an either/ or trigger, but I think it's the only one, and it's pretty clear from the card you don't need both suits. Every thing else needs all listed suits. 

You can only reveal a scheme when it says you can. So no randomly revealing mid turn for no reason. Most of the time this is either at the beginning of the game, when you take an action from it (such as interact to give a condition) or you score from it, but things like body guard have to be revealed at the start of a turn to score it at the end of that turn. 

• Thanks 1