Shooting into Engagement Clarification

Beeray

Question

I feel terrible asking this, but I cant seem to get a Clear cut answer to what is randomized for.

image.thumb.png.bd0c3249e11282b25f6afaa18e267ce6.png

Looking at this the Scenario is that A B and C are Friendly
while X and Y are Friendly
All are ht 1

B is engaged with X
C is engaged with Y

B C X and Y are all within 2 inches of each other

There is a Wall [ht5 blocking Hardcover] between X B and C Y

A is shooting X with a Projectile Attack causing a Randomization
FAQ:
19) When shooting into an engagement, can models which are not within LoS of the model which is shooting end up becoming the target of the Attack due to randomization? Yes.

20) When shooting into an engagement, do you flip cards for models which are not technically engaged with the target, so long as they are within 2" of the target? Yes.

Based on this we would Flip for all 4 [B, C, X, and Y] and could hit C or Y Correct?

Please let me know if i missed something, and again sorry for entering another ask for this.

6 answers to this question

Gotcha!
For a more complete understanding of how the rule worked i should have moved C and Y to not be engaged but still within 2 inches of X

But thanks for the Clarification on that as well

Definitely a wonky one lol

23 minutes ago, spydr261 said:

That doesn't make sense. It's an odd situation but one that I think could be easily changed to be more intuitive. A way to do it would be to only randomize for models that have LoS to the original target. Maybe in the 3rd edition.

There are quite a few things that don't make sense, that hopefully will get fixed in M3E (IE: Elevation rules )

• Agree 1