Molly in GG18

unti

Hey,

i have played Molly last year in Gaining Ground 17 quite often and found her to be a strong option in some strats. Now in GG 18 i hardly play her because it always seems that she ist somehow not fitting for the strategy and "always" scheme combination.

That is why i ask: when do you play her, what strat and schemes is she good at, or is her only advantage her aggressive playstyle and scheme\strat later?

By the way i allmost exclusively play her as her horror-version, but maybe you will convince me and i start to try her as a spirit.

THX!

• Like 1

Most masters and crews have trouble with achieving both the Strategy and the paired Scheme. I mostly play Neverborn and Brewmaster, and this seems to be a consistent theme.

I'm curious - have you tried the upgrade that lets you know your opponent's unrevealed Schemes? If so, was it any help in playing to block them from scoring?

@haagrum yes i have tried it and i think it is very strong in some situations, depending on the schemepool, because you need more schemes where the information is actually worth the 2ss. Schemes like take one for the team is kind of bad, because you dont know which model shouldnt die.

But in general i dont like to take it because in our nice little gaming round it takes away the bluff effect and we like that.

@mo11usq yes i followed this thread and there was a nice discussion in it (i also like your riddle topics very much btw). But i thought since half a year has gone by, maybe someone has new oppinions on the matter.

On 6/5/2018 at 6:21 PM, Haagrum said:

I'm curious - have you tried the upgrade that lets you know your opponent's unrevealed Schemes? If so, was it any help in playing to block them from scoring?

If the scheme pool has multiple schemes where the points are scored all at once, it can be an amazing upgrade.

If however the pool is full of 1 point per turn schemes, it is less worth while.  

I've found her to be pretty good in GG2018 so far. Solo'd her in an event a fortnight ago Horror, Spirit, Spirit.

I find Shikome to be incredibly appealing so I usually lean Spirit with Molly, at 7ss even hiring one is fine if you set things up correctly (Reactivating Shikome hitting minces anything). I also have a lot of love for big aggressive Kentauroi+Kentauroi+Rogue Necromancy+Mortimer for Fresh Meat style crews. The variety she brings means that it's hard to grow tired of her.

In my opinion Back On The Job basically breaks the game, and there lots of scheme pools where this upgrade alone means I go for Molly. I think it might be too strong, but as long as I can take it for 2ss I will every game.