Misaki (Ten Thunders) VS Tara (Outcasts) quiplet

GhostMonk

Buddy and I played a game of Turf War Saturday evening. Misaki vs tara. We're both noobs so it took a bit longer then it should of since we had to read the rules up. Was a custom format, Turf War w/ Assassinate, Line in the Sand, Eliminate the leader ship, Hunting party, A Quick Murder. Since we're still learning, we decided we'll just do the same schemes across the board ( I know not proper but we did this to learn how they work). Our lists we're like this

Ten Thunders
Misaki- The Storm, Recalled Training, Conflux of Thunder
Shang

Sensei Yu (I'm not Mi, I'm Yu.......sorry)- Wandering River Style
Shadow Emissary
Ten Thunders Brother

Outcasts
Tara
Karina
The NOthing Beast
Scion of the Void
Void Wretch x3

Short and sweet, Ten Thunders Drove the outcasts back. Misaki got pushed around a lot by Shadow Emissary and Sensei Yu while thunder brother put the hurt on whoever came near him. The Nothing beast tried scaring the brother but he wanted nothing to do with it and put a wallop on him with a big 5 points of damage. Then Misaki took a hit for 5 but activated that turn using Deadly Dance, moved to cover, and her good friend Shang moved up and healed her for 3. Turn 2, more moving, more shoosting, and more melee. Turn 3 was where it got interesting, Shadow Emissary used his ranged attack and took down the nothing beast after burning a soulstone and triggering. The misaki snuck up on Tara and delievered the killing blow. By turn 4, I was up 7 points from a Quick Murder, and Eliminate the leader ship plus 1 point from turf war after blowing a bunch of air at the enemy (and buddy not wanting NOTHING to do with emissary and misaki XD)......we called the game, shook hands, and said good game.

I hope to give more detailed reports in the future.....basically was just two noobs wrapping our heads around the ins and outs and having fun. Next match up will be a 50 Point SS Game. Same list.......with some tweeks and some additions.

• Like 1

Some things I noticed from what little I read,

Conflux of Thunder on Misaki, while the confluxes are master specific, it is the emissary who equips them. They are just limited based on your current master.

Burning soulstones on Shadow Emissary attack. Only Masters and Henchman can burn soulstones, and Emissary is an Enforcer.

• Agree 1

I would like to point out another thing: if you are both playing the same schemes because you're both learning, please make sure that they don't favor one crew as much as they did in that game. Quick Murder and Eliminate the Leadership is the combination clearly tailored for Misaki, whereas Tara player would have an edge in interact-heavy scheme pools which will let him to capitalize on his ability to multiply his own AP/minimize opposing AP.

• Agree 1

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:08 AM, Dr Mittens said:

Some things I noticed from what little I read,

Conflux of Thunder on Misaki, while the confluxes are master specific, it is the emissary who equips them. They are just limited based on your current master.

Burning soulstones on Shadow Emissary attack. Only Masters and Henchman can burn soulstones, and Emissary is an Enforcer.

Again, we're both still learning so, things weren't perfect.

19 hours ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

I would like to point out another thing: if you are both playing the same schemes because you're both learning, please make sure that they don't favor one crew as much as they did in that game. Quick Murder and Eliminate the Leadership is the combination clearly tailored for Misaki, whereas Tara player would have an edge in interact-heavy scheme pools which will let him to capitalize on his ability to multiply his own AP/minimize opposing AP.

we did this on purpose to see what they were like, next one we do will be all randomly generated in the app

5 hours ago, GhostMonk said:

Though after discussing it, next game we play is going to be a straight up "Battle to the Last Man"

For what it's worth I don't think that is a good idea. You start learning things that aren't part of the game, such as killing wins games, which I don't think helps in the long run. I would suggest some vps even if you just do reckoning with assassination and murder protege, because then you have to plan your killing at least. 

Edit oh vendetta! That's a good killing scheme but that you have to think around... 

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, Adran said:

For what it's worth I don't think that is a good idea. You start learning things that aren't part of the game, such as killing wins games, which I don't think helps in the long run. I would suggest some vps even if you just do reckoning with assassination and murder protege, because then you have to plan your killing at least. 

Edit oh vendetta! That's a good killing scheme but that you have to think around... 

Yeah I actually sat down and looked over the schemes, we need to get hard copies of them rather then using the app. Hell I still need to finish painting my miniatures. I just kinda wish we had more people in our area but none of the shops wanna carry the miniatures 'cause of 1st Edition.