Smoke screen vs. Charge

Bumpasses

Question

6 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Bumpasses said:

At work, no rules

When are those two attacks actuary generated?

Are they generated upon declaration of the charge or when the charging model is in range of its own range for the swing?

I believe they are generated after the move. The point at which they are generated is completely irrelevant though because smoke screen cares about when they target you which is always going to be after the move when they are actually declared. I don't think there even exists a :ToS-Melee: with greater range than 4" (maybe Hoffman usung his new upgrade to end power loop on a bunch of models to get reach 7 but no normal circumstanced).

5 hours ago, Bumpasses said:

At work, no rules

When are those two attacks actuary generated?

Are they generated upon declaration of the charge or when the charging model is in range of its own range for the swing?

Ironically I'm not at work, so no rules to copy, but you move from the charge and then you make the attack actions . So your position at the point you make the attack is the one that matters, not where you were when you charge.

As Adran and Ludvig state, it's after.

(2) Charge: Target a model within LoS. Move this model up to its Cg in a straight line. This model must end the move with the target model within its engagement range or this Action may not be taken. This model then takes two Range :ToS-Melee:Attack Actions against the target model. Each of these Actions must have an AP cost of 1. A model may not declare this Action if it is engaged (see Engagement, pg. 48) or if it has a Cg of “—”.

• Thanks 1