healing the honorable members of the guild

Lokibri

Hello fellow guild members,

I often find myself in spots where i am in need of healing without activating or using the hurt model in any way (so executioner und thralls arenot parf of my search), so i am looking for models, that can heal others and i want your input to see if i overlooked something.

Master:

In form of a master nellie, hoffman and of course mccabe come to mind to heal models a bit. But nellies heal is the worst i think.

Non-master:

The jury is solid, but it is a 0 and additionally removes a condition, which is great!

domadores: not out yet, but looking pretty nice! I like em.

The doctors: maybe a little too costly for what they do, but fine if you really need it.

Brutal only gives a buff to heal the master while damaging. Can be nice on lady j especially.I

Are there other models i don't see with a good heal?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lokibri said:

Hello fellow guild members,

I often find myself in spots where i am in need of healing without activating or using the hurt model in any way (so executioner und thralls arenot parf of my search), so i am looking for models, that can heal others and i want your input to see if i overlooked something.

Master:

In form of a master nellie, hoffman and of course mccabe come to mind to heal models a bit. But nellies heal is the worst i think.

Non-master:

The jury is solid, but it is a 0 and additionally removes a condition, which is great!

domadores: not out yet, but looking pretty nice! I like em.

The doctors: maybe a little too costly for what they do, but fine if you really need it.

Brutal only gives a buff to heal the master while damaging. Can be nice on lady j especially.I

Are there other models i don't see with a good heal?

Lucius and the Guardian can heal on a trigger.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dannydb said:

a nurse with the new necromancer can also have a quite effective heal!

Not sure which necromancer you are referring to. As far as I know you need to play McMourning to have nurses in guild since they are living. Domadores allow you to hire undead, not any resser minion, or does the new starter have some mercenary necromancer that I missed?

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 9:36 AM, Ludvig said:

Not sure which necromancer you are referring to. As far as I know you need to play McMourning to have nurses in guild since they are living. Domadores allow you to hire undead, not any resser minion, or does the new starter have some mercenary necromancer that I missed?

this is what you get for trying to do things from memory and not reading

• Haha 1

One question this thread makes me think of is " ok so guild can do healing, now should we be healing?"

My feeling is that in most situations it does not pay off.  Heals as a (0), that I don't lose a high card might be the exception though.  I've been known to use Lucius and Hoffman to heal, but I don't think hoffmans were worth it most of the time.

If you can heal something just above htk I think it's worth it. Apart from that probably not worth spending ap on. If someone used AoE against Hoffman so you could heal 3+ constructs off a single scrap marker I'd say it's probably worth it as well.

I think there are some cases you should really consider healing.

0's as guardian and jury are great and should be used anyway! 2 AP for a heal is crap i think.

But in cases of high armor or htk, i will always spend 1 AP to heal. Also on Francisco that lets me maintain his buff on another model.

So, jeah, that should do it :).

Another question that pops into my head- Why are none of the doctors in malifaux any good at healing anyone(test subjects aura I guess is ok healing)?  I mean, I know McM is a coroner, but (based upon my readings of Dresden Files and watching iZombie) that would still make him and Grimwell medical doctors.  Nurse Hb too.  The nurse is the only medical personnel that is good at healing, and the rest are helpless at healing things, while a gremlin tossing around pig food is just about the best healer around. 

• Haha 2

Healing is only worth while if it will cost your opponent ap or vp. Learning when these are is the trick. Obviously healing a model past hard to kill will generally cost another ap to kill, but other cases are less clear cut. It's a handy option to have, but by no means essential. It's one of the reasons I like wastrel as a healing option. They aren't great at it. But for their price they can do it, and also do other things if you don't want healing. 

• Like 1

Well Doug was taught by Marcus, and I get the feeling that the patients needs were not highly rated in that syllabus. He also has a distinct interest in people not getting better. Grimwell was experimenting on mental patients with black blood, and I believe was trained as a physiologist. 

Conversely pigs are very important and if you don't look after them well then you are going to be in trouble, firstly from the pig, and if you survive that I imagine the rest of the gremlins will get you. I'd look to Vimes in the disc world as to why you might get better animal doctors ( feet of clay I think)

I think Sun quong is the only person we (malifaux) have who might actually want to heal people for their own sake and be trained to do so

• Like 4