wafew

Lilith Sudden Darkness/Flying

Question

I played a game, where a Lilith with flying, used Sudden Darkness, which lets her get +1 damage when charging through terrain, then proceeded to charge my unit, by going over impassable terrain.

Would she get the +1 because terrain was in the path ( that she ignored with flying), or would she not, because it was ignored? ( because of flying )

6 answers to this question

Yes I'd say she gets the bonus. She still passed through terrain she just ignored the impact it had on her moving through it.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ludvig said:

She still moves through the terrain, she just ignores the terrain effects because of flight. Flight lets you ignore terrain and models on your path but it never actually says you are moving over or around them from a gametechnical standpoint.

If I walk through a swarm of bees and ignore them completely I still just walked through a swarm of bees. High level argument right here folks! :D

I think the argument comes down to the difference between "not affected by" (else she'd never get the bonus due to Master of Malifaux), and "ignores". To me, they're the same thing, and I agree Lilith gets the Sudden Darkness from Flight, but I can see the argument against.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I would say no, as flying "ignores Terrain whilst moving". Therefore, she has not moved through any terrain.

Also, impassible terrain would never count as you can't move through it. 

• Thanks 1

She still moves through the terrain, she just ignores the terrain effects because of flight. Flight lets you ignore terrain and models on your path but it never actually says you are moving over or around them from a gametechnical standpoint.

If I walk through a swarm of bees and ignore them completely I still just walked through a swarm of bees. High level argument right here folks! :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

I think the argument comes down to the difference between "not affected by" (else she'd never get the bonus due to Master of Malifaux), and "ignores". To me, they're the same thing, and I agree Lilith gets the Sudden Darkness from Flight, but I can see the argument against.

I actually forgot about Master of Malifaux, and it makes sense, I, without a doubt, would consider her to get the +1 if she were to charge through severe terrain and ignores it with MoM, so it only makes sense that the same would apply with flight and impassable, thank you!