Jack Daw crew alternatives

Soulflayer777

Hey everyone. This is my 1st post so hopefully I'm posting in the right place and apologies if not. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on alternate models for The Guilty and  possibly Jack Daw himself. The ones in the crew box weren't overly appealing to me and I'm trying to come up with something else. I've already found one I like for Jack, but still interested to see if anyone else has gone down this road! Thanks! 

I think my problem with Jacks mini is the hood and noose. Now, granted, I understand why they made him look that way, given the back story and whatnot. However, if i were in Jacks place and had made it off that tree, i wouldnt be walking around with a bag over my head and a rope around my neck lol. But thats just me. Perhaps theres a reason in the story that he keeps them and im just not aware of it. Perhaps he finds them fashionable, in which case i salute him in daring to be different. 

Thats it! Apparently the Boy Scouts havent established a chapter thru the breach as of yet, so he never learned proper knotwork. Ill bet Jack cant untie it and thats why he is so pissed off to begin with. Perhaps if someone showed a bit of compassion and went and loosened it for him, he would stop all the killing. Maybe even settle down and become a blacksmith and raise a family, who knows??

• Haha 2

Brilliant! The model of Jack will have scout badges crudely tacked on to his shirt in open defiance of his refused admission into the troop and he will be holding a stick over a campfire attempting to roast marshmallows. But instead of marshmallows on the stick, itll be the former troop leaders head. 

• Like 1

In fact, not sure if Daw has anything to do with the man who was hanged. He's the manifestation of torment and injustice. Like an Avatar of something bigger. I think that the hood is his face, and the noose form part of his body. He cannot take the bag from his head because the bag IS his head, and there's nothing "inside" of the bag. 

I use to thing about Jack Daw like Tom Bombadil from LOTR. He's overpowered, immortal and absolutely "irrelevant" for the future of Malifaux, since he 's not interested in anything but his strange wander. He' s useless for the "big" powers of Malifaux, being himself equally or even more powerfull than them. 

37 minutes ago, Zebo said:

In fact, not sure if Daw has anything to do with the man who was hanged. He's the manifestation of torment and injustice. Like an Avatar of something bigger. I think that the hood is his face, and the noose form part of his body. He cannot take the bag from his head because the bag IS his head, and there's nothing "inside" of the bag. 

I use to thing about Jack Daw like Tom Bombadil from LOTR. He's overpowered, immortal and absolutely "irrelevant" for the future of Malifaux, since he 's not interested in anything but his strange wander. He' s useless for the "big" powers of Malifaux, being himself equally or even more powerfull than them. 

Not now, perhaps. His bio in Crossroads states that there are "many legends of this mysterious corpse" and that it's not clear what drives Jack Daw to his rages - only that he's indiscriminate in his killing.

Certainly, he has moved beyond his own vengeance as a motivation.

As for his power level - Zoraida used him to seal the first Breach. He was formerly something of a puppet for her and Lilith, albeit one that grew beyond his beginnings. Somehow, he's connected to the Burning Man as well. I expect we'll get more cryptic hints about Jack Daw as the story progresses.

I`m going to convert Jack Daw from one of the Guild Quellers. It will be a much better modell for a master, much taller. When its done I post a pic here. Also searching for ideas for alternate guilty but this thread doesn`t bring much input rather than some reasons for Jacks outfit reasons... ;)

Oh thats cool! I like it. Great painting also! So this is what i went with for Jack. My thoughts behind my choice are as follows (and these are just my thoughts, NOT at all malifaux canon/lore):

This is what i think Jack would look like in an "Avatar of Injustice" (or whatever) kind of form. Lost the rope and bag and got himself some decent threads to wear. The crows (and this is all according various mythologies) carries peoples souls. Also, alledgedly 5 crows represent sickness (im thinking mental sickness, aka TORMENTED).  Therefore, Jack controls the souls of the Tormented via the crows. 20180610_200507.jpg.3015fea2e748b8f974ddde3354d09bb1.jpg

• Like 3

Some cool conversion there. Like how the spectral rope keeps the theme but makes it more mystical-ly.

The first thing I thought on seeing the crows was them pecking at him while he dangled on the rope. I could totally see them representing his ranged attack, particularly in terms of being able to hang around people for lingering effects.