Monthly painting challenge - June

Franchute

@misterfinn, @Caedrus and @Burnin' Coal, I will tag you in the post, guys, when I post pictures of finished Miss Erry :)
Not that much left to be done, but... it's the less-fun-to-paint parts of the model, so I am not sure when I will finish it.

I really enjoyed painting the patches. There weren't enough patches to utilize all the ideas, so I will probably use them when it comes to painting another Stitched Together :)

Starting to realize how much I like models that give you freedom to paint what you want and to make the model truly yours :)
That's why I like Neverborn models :) When it comes to painting people, I feel that there is much more restrictions. That is also the reason why I am probably not going to return to Gremlins - I feel like the green skin restricts you too much when it comes to other parts of the model - even though I think that a lot of them would be fun to paint :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Phinn said:

Starting to realize how much I like models that give you freedom to paint what you want and to make the model truly yours :)
That's why I like Neverborn models :) When it comes to painting people, I feel that there is much more restrictions. That is also the reason why I am probably not going to return to Gremlins - I feel like the green skin restricts you too much when it comes to other parts of the model - even though I think that a lot of them would be fun to paint :)

I agree being able to paint a model differently, try something without carrying is pretty cool and relaxing (see my akaname :))
For the Gremlins, I got a french player who painted them red, which is pretty cool. He named them : "the red devils" : 

HpY4BB8.jpg

• Like 5

On 6/1/2018 at 1:24 PM, Chou said:

Here is my pledge for june:

4 Abominations = 16 SS (I really don't like these models, so nothing fancy here)

Marlena Webster = 8 SS 

Angelica = 6 SS

Carlos Vázquez = 9 SS

Jackalope = 2 SS

Cojo = 6 SS

Total = 47 SS

IMG_20180703_175726.jpg

IMG_20180617_131057.jpg

IMG_20180703_175747.jpg
IMG_20180703_175810.jpg
IMG_20180703_175836.jpg
IMG_20180703_175911.jpg
IMG_20180703_175924.jpg
IMG_20180703_175936.jpg
IMG_20180703_175951.jpg
IMG_20180703_180045.jpg

IMG_20180703_180049.jpg

• Like 5

Here is my pledge for July - going to put Guild down for a while and get some Yan Lo reinforcements finished:

IMG_20180704_174954.jpg

Sun Quiang for 8ss

2 Goryo for 14ss

My final and seemingly unfinishable mindless zombie for 2ss

So; 4 models and 24ss. I'm secretly hoping that I'll finish these and get some more at least started this month.

Have a great month everyone.

On 7/3/2018 at 12:28 AM, Phinn said:

I remember someone painting their Gremlins with human skin, @bedjy, and they looked great :) Unfortunately can't recall who that was. It was a picture of a Taxidermist if I remember correctly.

I remember seeing that too.  One of the creepiest things I've seen in my life.  Inspired me to paint my insidious madnesses flesh colored, which were not painted to the same quality, but were pretty creepy too. 

On 7/10/2018 at 10:03 AM, (Keenan) said:

I remember seeing that too.  One of the creepiest things I've seen in my life.  Inspired me to paint my insidious madnesses flesh colored, which were not painted to the same quality, but were pretty creepy too. 

@(Keenan), that sounds revolting. It sounds like a nightmare that a nightmare would have 😃
Would you kindly post some pictures? 🙂