Card flipping with full deck in hand?

Platov

Question

Okay, here is the story: My friend made up silly Somer crew, wich can, actually, take 54 cards in hand. It's all around Gremlin-killing, and it's really possible with Somer, Banjonista, and ALOT of Bayous. And so, my question is: What happens, if i HAVE to do flip, but i have no deck, and all 54 cards in hand? Malifaux.exe stops working? ))

p.s. Yes, i know that this crew is(almost) unplayable(You can discard RJ with Df stance, and have RJ for any flip). But still, this looks like a rule-braking situation.

• Haha 1

5 answers to this question

When you have all fifty four cards in your hand, and you have to flip a card, you win the “Break the game” competition.  Because the flip mechanic stops working, you’re done.

Then you have to buy everyone present a round of drinks, and post pictures on the internet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Platov said:

Okay, here is the story: My friend made up silly Somer crew, wich can, actually, take 54 cards in hand. It's all around Gremlin-killing, and it's really possible with Somer, Banjonista, and ALOT of Bayous. And so, my question is: What happens, if i HAVE to do flip, but i have no deck, and all 54 cards in hand? Malifaux.exe stops working? ))

p.s. Yes, i know that this crew is(almost) unplayable(You can discard RJ with Df stance, and have RJ for any flip). But still, this looks like a rule-braking situation.

You break the game, and you have to start again...

Seriously, if you ever do manage to get close to this (its not really that hard if all you want to do is draw all the cards) then the best thing to do is just cheat in 13s and the red joker till you have 5 cards in your deck, and just keep rotating through those cards. (you could try with a lower number in your deck, but much lower and you run the risk of not being able to flip enough cards and so onec again break the game). 

Its come up before, and I think we had the designers chip in that they didn't bother makign rules for this sort of situation because its the players choice to get there and they can just choose to play to win rather than break the game.

• Thanks 2

You won't be getting much done with all your cards because I've never seen an engine that does it in few enough activations. It's probably better to stop around half your deck.

I'm with camp camp Buy everyone a round.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1