The guild at ITC

4thstringer

I was the Guild player for Yorkfaux. We played the winners on the top table in the final round. We lost our first round to USA then won 3 to be beaten by Krakowball.

I played Nellie round 1 , and Justice for the rest. They are my main masters normally, as I've not been playing guild long. I swapped from gremlins for this GG season.

Justice worked well vs Asami in Symbols of authority, and beat Marcus in Public Executions. She also did bad things to Nellie in a guild off in round 2.

I lost hard in the final vs Hamelin due to a really bad decision to give my opp the choice of deployment. He had a shooty crew and the terrain screwed me.

Can't say much about other Guild players choices as I was concentrating on my own team.

I will point out that the format meant you know what master each player is using before building the crew. That tends to force players away from masters that can be countered easily.  If you know you're playing Hoffman, you're going to take anti-armour etc etc. I think Nellie is probably not just one of our best masters, but also hard to counter. 

• Like 3

I must admit, I soloed Nellie again, won all my games, even those against Polandball and the Northern Moose Cavalry, although my team didn't do so well as you can see in the end results 😛

(But everyone had fun and it gave us a great motivational push to faux again^^)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tris said:

I must admit, I soloed Nellie again, won all my games, even those against Polandball and the Northern Moose Cavalry, although my team didn't do so well as you can see in the end results 😛

(But everyone had fun and it gave us a great motivational push to faux again^^)

Hi!

Can you explain it a little bit? list you played with /against? strats & schemes?

thanks!

8 hours ago, Rosskov said:

I think one of the teams solo'd Hoffman for five wins.

Yeah, that was me. I won all my games with the same 8 miniatures.

Leader: C. Hoffman -  7 ss 
   Improved Harness 1ss 
   Field Mechanic 2ss 
   Pneumatic Upgrades 2ss 
Malifaux Child 3ss 
Ryle 10ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
   Numb To The World 1ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
   Wade In 1ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Thalarian Queller 6ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Guild Guard 3ss

I believe that together with nellie, its the strongest master.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Linar said:

Improved Harness 1ss 
   Field Mechanic 2ss 
   Pneumatic Upgrades 2ss 
Malifaux Child 3ss 
Ryle 10ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
   Numb To The World 1ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
   Wade In 1ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Thalarian Queller 6ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Guild Guard 3ss

Congrats on winning your 5 games with him, can you share what strat/schemes you used him for please. I have tried Hoff and haven’t been able to make him work, I found him card/suit intensive. From what I gather you make Frank a cyborg and power loop with Ryle, am I missing something here as I don’t find it that powerful. I haven’t played much with him and I am looking for inputs on how to play him well, I usually go all constructs and maybe its not the way to go.

@Baratta

Hoffman has very good damage output. A fast Francisco that uses both debt and targeting systems can cause lots of damage and making him a cyborg allows so many buffs and tricks. Francisco is very fun with master who can make him take ap to get near enemies before using companion. Hoffman can also make any model into a very good schemer on the fly.

A core of beaters who are too dangerous and fast to ignore and some dedicated schemers seems like a pretty common and successful concept.

8 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

@Baratta

Hoffman has very good damage output. A fast Francisco that uses both debt and targeting systems can cause lots of damage and making him a cyborg allows so many buffs and tricks. Francisco is very fun with master who can make him take ap to get near enemies before using companion. Hoffman can also make any model into a very good schemer on the fly.

A core of beaters who are too dangerous and fast to ignore and some dedicated schemers seems like a pretty common and successful concept.

Yep, and with the queller enchanting his Sh and Ml, his extra AP as fast and the machine puppets from Hoff and the child... and then you have Ryle XD

• Like 2

I was there but didn't have my best performance truth be told. 

My matches were;

Perdita v Lilith 4-8 loss, I forgot to premeasure the one model with only wp6 so he got a tangle into a perfect position and it was an uphill struggle from there.

Nellie v Sandeep 4-8 loss

Nellie v Sandeep 9-9 tie

Perdita v Nico 9-7 win funnily enough this was probably the match out of all my 5 that I should've lost but..

Perdita v Tara 4-8 loss. Terrible table for Perdita and I should've chosen sides. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, longfanz said:

Yep, and with the queller enchanting his Sh and Ml, his extra AP as fast and the machine puppets from Hoff and the child... and then you have Ryle XD

I'm just surprised that Frank makes a good machine puppet Target.  His attack is only min 2 without triggers.

9 hours ago, Linar said:

Improved Harness 1ss 
   Field Mechanic 2ss 
   Pneumatic Upgrades 2ss 
Malifaux Child 3ss 
Ryle 10ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
   Numb To The World 1ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
   Wade In 1ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Thalarian Queller 6ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 
Guild Guard 3ss

Can you recall your matchups and S/S for those games? I am very interested. In fact all of our local meta is interested.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I'm just surprised that Frank makes a good machine puppet Target.  His attack is only min 2 without triggers.

Normally what I did was to use the machine puppet to position Fran. With the fast, the debt to the guild and the targeting system are 4 attacks of Ml 7 minimum 5 that with stone and ram you can go to 7.

• Like 3

So, I had 2 games of ply, 2 games of symbols against Mah Tucket (ply), Shenlong (symbols), and 2 Sandeeps, won all of them with Nellie^^

(One bye unfortunately...)

Always had misleading Headlines, Embedded and Delegation on Nellie, Printing Press is a No Brainer.

Sue with Debt was in every list, I love that guy.

Phiona was always there too, equipped with Transparency (scheme choice of course) and LLC which makes her a pain to deal with most of the time.

Investigator made the cut in every game, Queller was in 3 of them, as was McTavish with Debt and LLC.

One game saw 2 Monster Hunters instead of McTavish (did a public demo for that one), and one had the Watcher instead of the Queller (surround them against Mah).

Should you have any question regarding my games ask right away, I probably don't recall enough to warrant any full battle reports, but I can certainly talk about my games if anyone wants :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tris said:

Should you have any question regarding my games ask right away, I probably don't recall enough to warrant any full battle reports, but I can certainly talk about my games if anyone wants :)

I could never get the idea of misleading Headlines upgrade. Maybe you can give me couple of examples where it made difference or let you to get some significant advantage?

1 hour ago, Nellit said:

I could never get the idea of misleading Headlines upgrade. Maybe you can give me couple of examples where it made difference or let you to get some significant advantage?

That's the one that let's you outactivate your opponent by discarding cards and/or evidence.

Imagine my game against Shenlong, where we both had take prisoner -he on my printing Press, I had it on Shen himself.

I was able to ditch some cards turn 5 to see which model engaged my Press (his McTavish) and after all his models went I was free to push my own Press away with Nellie and engage Shen with an Investigator, without him being able to do anything about it.

Also a good example is outactivating first turn which forces him to move while you can react to every model later in the turn, like shooting/charging/avoiding it.

It's maybe her single most important upgrade right now and one of the main reasons she's so good^^

Hope that helps? :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1