Nicknames and avatars

My name came from playing Quake 2 in high school with friends, taken from the film Dogmas character, the Angel of Death. Eventually we were playing team deathmatch with me against everyone. It's caused plenty of confusion over the years, especially with the rise of the MCU.

My avatar is from a Penny Arcade strip which basically sums up my poker face when I draw my hand.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

My name comes from a "stage name" of mine.

It started with the nickname I acquired in my late teens from a character in the 'Spell Singer' series of books, Mudge was a short, bow legged, smart mouth talking otter whose ideas usually landed the group in trouble.  A number of friends read the books and decided that was me so it stuck.  I later needed a stage name, so I used it and added my favorite color as a last name.  I have carried the name for better than 30 years now as an alias.

The Avatar is a picture of one of my daughter's favorite shirts, a unicorn puking rainbows.  It speaks to me......

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was setting up my xbox 360 like 14 years ago -let that time frame settle in- and picked something at random. I was listening to the alt-band the members of HIM performed in at the time called Daniel Lioneye and the song Dope Danny was playing. Danny's my name so it stuck.

But you would not believe how often i have people messaging me online wanting me to give up the name because they wanted it as a weed reference.

• Like 1

The reason behind my name is sorta silly. I like ankhs. There is always at least one or two on my person at any given time. The 0137 is my lucky number. Now it is not 137 but 0137. Why the 0 I can't remember but the 137 part is due to many, many, many years ago, well over 20, I had a crush on a girl that lived near me. She was my first big crush. I can't remember her name but I remember her face and the house number on the street she lived on back then, 137. Years later, after I adopted the name, I found myself on the same street and saw her house. Only it was 136 she lived on. By then it was too late to change my name. 

As for my avatar it is just a photo of myself that I took a few years back that I really like.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2018 at 3:59 PM, valhallan42nd said:

Oh, and my Avatar is my Seamus Avatar run though an app that essentially turns pics into comic panels.

mS2osv2.jpg

Off topic but that is a very nice Avatar Seamus.

My forum name is one that I have used for a long time. It stems from an interest in the occult. It is not related to the items available in the Knights of the Old Republic video game (which I would like to think I inspired).

My avatar was given to me by Ratty I believe, probably related to a few suggestions I had made for a Gremlin Debutante model. Unfortunately it replaced the official Puppet Wars Bayou Gremlin Avatar that I had been given by Wyrd staffers when they offered them toward the end of 1st edition. I miss the Bayou Gremlin one but this one has grown on me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I chose my avatar because I couldn't think of anything better and I have a soft spot for the miniature. It's Alice, from Wonderland, and I use her as a proxy for Von Schill's steam trunk. It greatly amuses me to think of her running behind the Freikorps carrying the entire contents of the trunk for them into battle.

I chose my name because of my religious beliefs. I'm a Christian and an avid gamer. I spend a lot of my free time contemplating games, whether that be list building for Malifaux or world building for homebrew RPGS. Often times during that process I find myself astounded at the complexities of the game's rules, or world, and thereafter contemplate the complexities of the universe, and the mind that it would take to design it. I am left in awe, and joy.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dirach said:

Originally I used my Nickname in warhammer related forums to pay homage to older warhammer lore. I have just continued to use it in game and miniature related forums. My picture is a Dirach painted by myself.  

my bad. I thought it was because of the mathematician. Ignore my stupid joke about mass points! 😀

• Haha 1

The "undead" part of my nickname comes from my brother saying I looked like a zombie when playing some video games (and I was really immersed 😛 ), over time it became "undead.

The "major" part comes from other students when I was in engineering school (I was "major de promotion" for several years, which is french for the top student, basically).

I was never especially found of that nickname but since "undead" is very common and a lot of online registration requires a unique name, I tacked on the only other nickname I had in mind to make it "major undead".

The avatar comes from a trailer/proof of concept for a project to make an animated adaptation of the comic "The goon"

• Like 2