Few questions about new Gg18

Fazza92

Hi all,

I want to ask you some advice for the new Gg18.

In June I want to go to a tournament but I’ve only 3/4 games with GG18.

So what are best masters associated with strategies?I ‘ve Dita,Justice,Nellie and Hoffman.

I think that Justice is probably the better model to public executions...But with supply wagon or Ours ...I think is harder...

Then I’ve read that a new model listed everywhere is Jury(I need to paint she,sigh),but how you use she?

p.s.Bishop can be a good choice with Nellie??

Most of the guild masters can do public executions or ours I would say. Supply wagons are best for someone who can give out ap like Lucius, Hoffman or Nellie, be sure to bring some cheap 50mm base like a hunter or mounted guard and you can have it across the center pretty much turn one if you like. Most of the time it's better to play a master you feel comfortable with and just make a plan for the strategy than trying to create a whole new list of models you aren't that familiar with.

Jury gives friendly models nearby the ability to gain masks on any duel (after you know if you have won or not). She is best used with models that have nice mask triggers like the masters who attack back on a mask, Santiago Ortega, Austringers etc.

I've run Bishop with Nellie. With Francisco protecting him he can be really tricky for the opponent to handle and double flurries is mean, especially with debt to the guild.

On denying supply wagons: a wagon can push through models but it cannot stop on a model. If either of you try to interfere with the enemy wagon, the blocker has to sit 2” away from the direction where you expect the wagon to move. I have assigned a guardian to the problem sometimes. 3” engagement blocks interacts, big base stops 30mm and 40mm pushes when the guardian stands 2” away, and then I focused fire on the 50mm.

• Like 1

I've enjoyed blocking supply wagons by taking away models ability to interact using riot breakers too. 

Honestly, I don't find public executions or supply wagons difficult enough with guild to require special masters to use them.  For the tournament I would stick to the master you feel most comfortable with.  That being said, do tailor your crew to them.

The strat that does change my master is Symbols of authority.  Unless you are in close deployment, I find it hard to get to my opponents markers with the traditional beater masters.  Nellie, Lucius, McCabe or even McMourning (but don't take McMourning for other reasons) I find to be better choices.  Perdita gets across the board fast enough to do it too, but the way I play her rarely works out that way.

I'm very mixed on Jury.  She does some really cool stuff, and her main flail attack has enough going on that it is a really good attack.  I would only take Jury if I thought I had a plan to use her masks. (Edit: or if facing a faction that uses a lot of conditions like NB or Ressers).

Yesterday I try Jury+double austringers and I’ve found that is a very nice combo,at the moment I found that there are too much masters that can draw a lot of card when guild cannot,so make opponent discard 2 cards with Sh 7 is good.

But for you,are 2 austringers too much?You prefer play only one ?

26 minutes ago, Fazza92 said:

Yesterday I try Jury+double austringers and I’ve found that is a very nice combo,at the moment I found that there are too much masters that can draw a lot of card when guild cannot,so make opponent discard 2 cards with Sh 7 is good.

But for you,are 2 austringers too much?You prefer play only one ?

If I run that I run 2.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 4:18 AM, Fazza92 said:

So what are best masters associated with strategies?I ‘ve Dita,Justice,Nellie and Hoffman.

I think that Justice is probably the better model to public executions...But with supply wagon or Ours ...I think is harder...

Then I’ve read that a new model listed everywhere is Jury(I need to paint she,sigh),but how you use she?

it's really dealers choice. Though a lot of people will argue that Nellie is the only master there are several I think are good in almost every strategy. Looking at the masters you have I definitely think you have some gaps in capability and need to add Sonnia and Lucius to your collection. I would add them before I look at anything else and probably add Thalarian Quellers along with them. I am lukewarm on the Jury and very rarely take her even with the masters who can take advantage of the masks like Lady J w/Vendetta. 

Looking at Public Executions specifically any of the Guild masters and crews can play it though I  probably prefer Sonnia as my master of choice depending on the match up and terrain.  I also like Perdita, Lucius, Lady J, and Nellie in Public Executions also so it really becomes an issue of what are the schemes and who can best allow me to go for those while scoring PE as well. 

For Supply Wagons my "go to" is usually Lucius though Nellie can do it with ease also and I have hear rumors of some Hoffman list that can push the Wagon into the next state on the first turn as well though I haven't seen it. Lucius can make sure you get it across the line first turn and help you push their Wagon back across with Guild Intelligence. 

Any of our masters can play for Ours as well though I tend to favor someone like Lady J that can kill them out of the quarters, Sonnia to blast them off of the quarters, or Nellie and/or Lucius who can chance them down. The biggest issue with Ours isn't what master I am taking but what faction/crew my opponent is taking to make sure I can neutralize anything like Belles or Yan Lo that can pull/throw models into the center after their activation where they can't score. 

GG18 is pretty good for Guild compared to some previous versions. Guild has some solid masters that can compete in just about every possible pool and can always kill their way to success in quite a few pools as well.