Question about Hannah's Nether Flux (while I'm asking stupid questions)

Shock & Awe

So, I beast bombed Hannah into Pandora's aura of pain yesterday and an interesting point came up. 

Hannah's nether flux forces enemy models to ignore any suits "associated" with their CA, SH, and ML stats. 

My opponent used the zero action, Delight in Despair, from the Depression upgrade to add the suit of a discarded card to the remainder of their duels for the turn. Essentially this is building a crow into each attack (which, if you've played Voices Dora, you know where that is going). 

My question is, could Nether Flux cancel that out? Or would this only affect suits written on the card? 

Just read through both, and I don't see how they wouldn't get the suit.

Nether Flux - Enemy models within :aura4 of Hannah ignore any suits associated with their Ca, Sh and Ml stats.

(0) Delight in Despair - This model may discard a card to add the suit of the discarded card to the duel total of all duels this model performs for the remainder of this Activation.

The Delight ability adds to the duel total, not the stat. And that's pretty clearly not what Nether Flux says. Else you wouldn't be able to stone in a suit, or even count the suit on the card played.

It's possible to have an ability add a suit to a stat, but it is explicit when it says so. An example would be Ototo's Enrage. Perdita's Point Blank isn't as clear, and I could see it being ruled as either, though I'd be of the opinion the :ramstays.

• Thanks 1

Just now, santaclaws01 said:

It's not associated with any stat as it gets applied to all final duel totals. An example of an associated stat would be the various rage abilities on Ototo and Cyclops and Santiago Ortega.

I was going to use Santiago as an example, because I knew he had that kind of ability. But he doesn't add a suit from Es Todo, just +2 and :+flipon damage flips.

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2018 at 2:54 PM, Morgan Vening said:

It's possible to have an ability add a suit to a stat, but it is explicit when it says so. An example would be Ototo's Enrage. Perdita's Point Blank isn't as clear, and I could see it being ruled as either, though I'd be of the opinion the :ramstays.

This is interesting to consider... could it also be applied to Misaki then when Risky Ventures is applied? The ruling on wether she got the plus :crow? I wouldn't be confident arguing either way to be honest.

3 hours ago, Shock & Awe said:

This is interesting to consider... could it also be applied to Misaki then when Risky Ventures is applied? The ruling on wether she got the plus :crow? I wouldn't be confident arguing either way to be honest.

Yes, Risky ventures adds a suit which is associated with the Ml stat. neither flux does remove that. 

• Agree 1