Schemes & Stones Peek-A-Boo Seamus Spotlight

Khyodee

42 minutes ago, Insomniakwulf said:

Have you ever considered lust in a seamus crew? more movement shenanigans and 3 wp duels generated from 1 ap.

I like to take her a lot, and with hayreddin well positioned she can even charge for a very good amount of damage. its not recalled training but it can work... sometimes...

I was very excited for her when book 3 came out, but I cooled on her quickly. The problem is she has amazing synergy with Seamus, but she’s another support piece, and an expensive one, and if you take her and any of the other stuff Seamus tends to take you rapidly run out of room for models to do anything else threatening. And she isn’t good enough to replace many of the other things that are close in cost. The closest cost comparison I could come up with was dropping the pretty standard 2 belles for her, and just the extra activation alone makes that a hard sell, let alone giving up the extra potential for slow.

Lumping all your threat vectors into basically Seamus isn’t really a good idea at all, especially since Seamus isn’t all that hard to deal with, especially if all you want to do is neutralize rather than outright kill.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

The closest cost comparison I could come up with was dropping the pretty standard 2 belles for her, and just the extra activation alone makes that a hard sell, let alone giving up the extra potential for slow.

Whilst I agree that the extra activation can be crucial at I disagree with the slow as list threatens slow on two models for one ap bit otherwise I would agree with you. 8 haven't tried her myself was just curious as to weather or not other people had.

On 5/21/2018 at 8:18 PM, Insomniakwulf said:

Have you ever considered lust in a seamus crew? more movement shenanigans and 3 wp duels generated from 1 ap.

I've had fun using her with Seamus. I was playing  around with Corpse bloat on Seamus as well, so extra WP duels for healing, and lots of relatively high simple tests draining an enemies hand worked out as a fun sideline. 

It worked fairly well when I wanted to disrupt enemy positioning, or they were clumped. But you will need to think about what you're trying to do as Fetid says, becasue you're losing something to hire her, so you do need her to make up for that loss. 

• Like 1

I use kang but in arcanist so bit of warding runes or vent steam and this crew is shut down. 

But guess that's the surprise factor the Seamus crew has but in counter (and yes I will pretty much always run mei into ressers)

It is a great episode though.ha e you considered Madame sybelle for more Insta kills, more terror and also having a nice beater piece