Domadores

Ludvig

Whoah! Just saw the art for them. I have no fricking idea how they got accepted as officers of any sort of law enforcement but those models need to be painted! I'm not sure what to hire with them, even belles would need some serious pimping to be worthy of acceptance in the same crew. Come to think of it I'm not sure any of my guild models are worthy either, I might need to convert an entire crew to feel justified getting these. Maybe plastic death marshals and LJ with massive amounts of weird dance attire would look ok next to them. Also high end belles. Justice feels like someone who wouldn't mind enemies lured near her. Might also be he exscuse I've been looking for to buy and paint plastic Lucius, would need to add stuff to him and his lawyers to match this feel though.

Thoughts on these at all? Mostly what models from both guild and ressers will look ok next to them, I don't even care how their rules interact.

Just now, Ludvig said:

Whoah! Just saw the art for them. I have no fricking idea how they got accepted as officers of any sort of law enforcement but those models need to be painted! I'm not sure what to hire with them, even belles would need some serious pimping to be worthy of acceptance in the same crew. Come to think of it I'm not sure any of my guild models are worthy either, I might need to convert an entire crew to feel justified getting these. Maybe plastic death marshals and LJ with massive amounts of weird dance attire would look ok next to them. Also high end belles. Justice feels like someone who wouldn't mind enemies lured near her.

Thoughts on these at all? Mostly what models from both guild and ressers will look ok next to them, I don't even care how their rules interact.

Is there new art? Or are you just seeing book 5.

2 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Is there new art? Or are you just seeing book 5.

Their box was in the release schedule so I saw them today. I still haven't gotten book 5 because I pretty much stopped caring about new models and the book was sold out the one time I happened to pass my local store. Also the sculpt has a massive pantbulge that his art did not. There will be serious highlighting involved to make that the centerpiece of a crew. ;) 

Electric six sprung to mind.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

My heavily redacted thoughts in no particular order:

That hat with candles still enchants me and I hope it comes as twin half-circles with the candles molded in place; I wish I could turn list function on while browsing on my phone; this won’t mesh stylistically with the Hoffman nom-nom-nom crew even if I can get thralls to pull double duty as fleshier flesh constructs; Zoraida players must be eating their hearts out that there’s a suitable Goblin King at last but nowhere near either of their factions; the skulls make them visually distinct even from Dia de los Muertos Ortegas crews; I wonder what the subset who complained about exaggerated curves on female sculpts are going to say about this; probably going to trade my female domador for another male and have the offer accepted and then ruin both their hats attempting OSL; speaking of which I need to finish painting vintage Sonnia.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

You can try to delude yourself, I think we all know each candle will come in at least two pieces.

And the flame will be optional ;) 

-

That said, the monster hunters look pretty spiffy too, and the bultunguin makes me wanna go neverborn with Lucius and make a werewolf crew with them and Vogel 😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

I can't do freehand yet but a while back I couldn't do OSL either so freehand is the next hurdle I guess.

Sharp brush, a bit of patience, and optionally some drying extenders get you far. Really the biggest hurdle is just starting. Quite fun once you get going.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1