First Master vs Titania

Wolion

Greetings everyone.

This is it, the time has come for me to pick my first master. I still can't decide if I will start with Reva or Seamus. I like both miniatures (with a preference for Reva), I've read a lot and enjoy both playstyles, so here is my question

99% of my games will be played against my wife, who picked up Titania as her starter. We both play for fun, so I don't want to overhelm her every game, and I don't want to get crushed either. In your opinion, which of these two masters would be the most balanced opponent for Titania and why ?

Thank You. 

Long version: Reva doesn't have belles in her box so will need to work harder herself but is probably better than Seamus just comparing master to master. Her attack has very solid range and ignores reduction which lets her do one damage more on each attack against Titania 's crew. Seamus doesn't love facing an entire crew of hard to wound either. If you go Seamus there is a risk of all your games turning into luring contests unless you forbid yourself from only spamming lures because rotten belles are extremely good lurers.

If you get Reva first I'm pretty sure people will recommend Seamus pretty soon for the other models in his box because ressers do love their belles. ;)

Short version: go with Reva since you like her model, I don't think she will be soul crushing.

Titania's box is extremely solid, you are going to have hard time playing against it regardless what you pick. Reva is considered better than Seamus, but has no support she needs in her box, while Seamus' box is quite self-sufficient for a beginner. Anyway, play whatever you like more, and in long run Reva is better choice.

I would say Seamus. First because of Rotten Belles (you will need them in future) and second because of more flexible and "fair" playstyle. I would also say that Reva might be a good experience for you, but not as good experience for your wife because for unexperienced player Reva may looks like too powerfull and unbalanced master with her 21" treat range, "free" charges without LoS, ignoring terrain and (0) action that let you spread Burning all over the board without LoS and reach... It could be very frustrating when you just start playing Malifaux, because lot of Reva's stuff will break what you learned from Rulebook
Seamus will provide more straightforward gameplay in the beggining but he also more flexible Master overall, when you expand your miniature pool and get become more and more experienced player.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wolion said:

Greetings everyone.

This is it, the time has come for me to pick my first master. I still can't decide if I will start with Reva or Seamus. I like both miniatures (with a preference for Reva), I've read a lot and enjoy both playstyles, so here is my question

99% of my games will be played against my wife, who picked up Titania as her starter. We both play for fun, so I don't want to overhelm her every game, and I don't want to get crushed either. In your opinion, which of these two masters would be the most balanced opponent for Titania and why ?

Thank You. 

I would say Seamus as well as he offers some good learning experiences and focus on some good mechanics of the game and also because belles are universally good in Ressers. Also on the note of Titania crew box, where did your wife come up with it? I can't seem to find the lass anywhere!