Help with Arcanist - Public Execution GG2018

Baratta

Hello,

I have an upcoming game and I am having a difficult time coming up with a proper list. This is the strat and schemes

Public Execution (Tomes) / Flank - Eliminate the leadership (Paired Tomes) / Set Up (Number 3) / Take Prisoner (Number 9) / Vendetta (Number 12) / Public Demonstration (Number 13)

I am playing agasint Arcanist and he usually runs Ironsides/Rasputina. The problem is that I haven played either master before so don know what to expect.

I have read the master cards and I am worried if its Ironsides as I usually run Lady J into Public Execution with  Frank/Phiona/Jury. I think that he can really pindown my crew, any suggestion ?

I was thinking doing nellie with some shooting and take and Austinger for Vendetta.

Ironsides isn’t crazy about anything that that attacks her from range or attacks Wp. Offensive condition removal can also ruin her day if she’s got armor from a Steamfitter or has built up a nice bit of Adreniline that she wants to unload as a chain of attacks. 

Assuming that she’s bringing the Mages and has Warding Runes you’ll want to find the Mage with Blood Ward and either take him out or block line of site between that model and Ironsides if you have any conditions that you want to apply. The best time to attack the Mages are after they have activated and when your opponent is low on cards. That can be the difference between needing to deal 9-10 points of damage to a Mage or being able to take them down with just 5.

If your opponent brings a Medical Automaton you should plan on taking it out early or going after models on the other sode of the board.

Rasputina seems like she’d be good at Public Execution until you realize that she does a lot of her killing through her mirrors while keeping herself hidden. If she doesn’t have her melee upgrade (gives +1 Wk, +1 Armor, and a decent close attack) you can annoy the hell out of her by tying her up with engagements. Most Rasputina crews will bring a model to move her around. This is usually The Captain or Snowstorm. If you take them out Rasputina won’t be going anywhere quick. She also has a number of thematic models that explode. Snowstorm, Ice Golem, and Ice Gamin all explode. Try to kill them when they are close to your opponent’s models and not yours.

• Like 1