Third Gremlin Dual-Faction Master?

Bazlord_Prime

All the non-10T factions have 3 dual-faction Masters. Except for Gremlins, and Arcanists. It always struck me as a little odd that that was the case, and I wondered if Wong wasn't originally intended to be a dual Master, being a magic user. But, he isn't. 

Lately though, we've been getting quite a few new models that have obvious Arcanist cross-over potential:

Sparks & Mechanized Porkchop are both "Foundry", who can be hired by Mei Feng.

Banjonistas, Iron Skeeters, Mech Porkchop & Sparks can all put Burning on enemies, as can ol' Merris, and it looks as though the new Backdraft models will feature a bit more Burning, but we don't have any native models that synergise with/capitalise on Burning (except for the Visio Voodoo Doll, I guess).

Which makes me think that there might be a Kaeris-like Gremlin in the works. What do y'all think? Maybe Merris should be taken on as Kaeris' apprentice, become a Henchman, and go on to show Kaeris the wonders of Bayoulife... 😉

One big theme in gremlins is the rabid increase in their intelligence, aptitude and technology so gremlins teaming up with the arcanists is in no way out of the question and a good observation. I really want a resserectionist bokor voodoo gremlin but this is cool 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

I'm dead-keen for a Bokor-friendly voodoo rezzer Gremlin as well! A swampy green Baron Samedi character.

Nice visual.  May actually be able to use that little gasser in Gremlins with that crew; kind of do the thing MacMourning & Seamus do, can hire any Gremlins but all hired Gremlins are undead.

• Like 1

Im hoping that some day we will have ressurectionist themed summoner/ some control/map manipulator(except Zipp)/ straightforward mellee beater master (more close to Viks not to Mah) master.
Also the mech theme would be nice - we have already lots of mech models.
Some dual master with outcasts/resurs/arcanists will be nice too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, green-n-dumb said:

Also the mech theme would be nice - we have already lots of mech models.

Yeah, exactly. Possibly an M&SU Gremlin. Maybe. I'm imagining that it would be a complete fire fanatic - a natural pyromaniac - who the M&SU decided would be useful in the foundries. Maybe she uses swamp gases as fuel, and tries to make biomechanical "sculptures" out of her enemies. And friends... And she uses a mechanised frame, like Ripley does in "Aliens". But actually, this is probably starting to sound too much like Hoffman, right? Still - copying the human Masters is kind of what the Gremlins do...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

Nice visual.  May actually be able to use that little gasser in Gremlins with that crew; kind of do the thing MacMourning & Seamus do, can hire any Gremlins but all hired Gremlins are undead.

Thanks! In my mind, he's called "Barren Same-day", and he's a little Gremlin who became obsessed with the pony express mail delivery system of the humans. He took it upon himself to start delivering mail to all the families in the Bayou, even though there never was any mail (hence the "barren" mailbag), because Gremlins can't write. Or, if they can, they've got better things to do, anyway.

Then he was eaten by a Bayou Gator after straying off the beaten path a little too close to Kythera, and that - along with his mantra that the mail will always get through! - saw him come back from the dead to continue his work. Now, he's creating a postal service of undead Gremlins to properly service the Bayou. If he builds it, then the letters will surely follow... 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't want new masters in this game. We have already many of them. It would be better if Wyrd fixed some internal balance rather than add new masters or bunch of new models. Just check the previous two books. Many masters are complained about (Zipp, Nellie, Reva) and some new models are considered way too good when others are even below average or situational at best. It is so hard to design new model by now to keep it in right spot...