Iron Scorpius choices

Boomstick

I saw this thread floating around on the Guild thread, so, like any good Arcanist agent, I absconded with it and brought it back to headquarters.

So, in the interest of expanding our thinking beyond the too-wide-spread opinion that Sandeep is the only Arcanist master worth taking, what are the five masters, generally speaking, do you bring from our dugout for the Iron Scorpius challenge? 

For anyone who hasn't heard, it's the idea of bringing a different master to every game in a 5 round tournament. So, what five masters do you bring, assuming you don't know the strats and schemes?

Personally, I load up with Toni for anything focused in the center. Kaeris for Symbols and maybe Ours. Mei for Guild in case of Sonnia or Perdita. Colette for anything scheme-y unless my opponent declares Gremlins (she's my favorite, but Zipp likes a lot of the same pools and is a damn hard counter to her). And Raspy or Marcus for anything killy.

What are yours?

• Like 2

Probably similar without colette.

Mei Feng against ressers usually (although she could be good into sandeep)

Raspy is often good for neverborn due to the amount of horror duels.

Ironsides is good for mixing it up in the middle.

Marcus for those close deployments.

Kaeris for schemey pools or for stopping the viks slingshot 

Assuming you can't find a group of people ready to do a 9 round event, (hey if the idea is good, push it to the max!) then I would say I'd bring them all and decide on the day. 

I'd normally say that Mei and Ironsides are the 2 I would be most likely to drop, but that doesn't always seem to be the case, last 7 round event I used Marcus (3 times), Colette, Rasputina, Ironsides and Ramos,  and the one before I used Marcus (twice), Ramos, Colette, Ironsides, Mei, Kaeris. Of course they weren't under Iron Scorpion rules, that was just normal fixed faction. I haven't yet used Sandeep at a tournament, partially as a response to people saying he is too good, but if I'm forced to play a different master each round, then he might show up. 

I don' think I'd have a formal plan of who would do what, I'd probably save a few favourites for the later rounds to make sure I could cover what ever the game was. It would probably end up with me playing more of my least favourite masters, because I use them up early so I'm more comfortable at the end of the event. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 7thSquirrel said:

Granting the "no charge" condition? Or is there another tech I don't know about? Would be very interested to learn so I can apply in the future, thank you.

just the push them back and no charge which is always nice. not on damaging, built in trigger and cast 7 pretty much means you should get it off when needed

• Thanks 1

I own 5 masters (and still need to paint 2), so it would likely be those 5 lol. Sandeep, Marcus, and Ironsides can do many things pretty well, I usually play Visions Sandeep instead of Commands, and use him in Interact heavy pools. I like Raspy for Symbols, likely Marcus or Ironsides for Public Executions, Sandeep for Ply, and Ramos for Ours