Faux at the Forge 3: Faux hard with a vengeance - 24 June, Warrington

Cleezy

Hi Wyrdo's,

Once again it is time to host the next installment of the Faux at the Forge tournament. As always this will be held at Stormforge Hobbies and Games in Warrington (Unit 6, Linerva House, Milner Street, Warrington WA5 1AD) on the 24th of June. There is free parking on site and previously the car park has been reasonably empty on a Sunday, if it is busy there is parking available next to the location that is also free.

The event will be a 3 round, fixed faction, 50ss event using the gaining grounds 18 schemes and strategies. The event will be ranked so if you wish to be removed from the rankings please let me know.

We will be providing the usual trophies for the tournament winner, best painted, best opponent and a wooden spoon for the loser. Guilders will be provided for each participant. Prizes are in hand and will be revealed closer to the time.

Included in the ticket price will be lunch - if you have any dietary requirements please get in touch with myself through here or with the store directly.

Proxies are allowed but please run them by me prior to the event or during the registration period on the day of the event. After registration any non-queried proxies will be refused.

Tickets are on offer for a reduced price during May and will cost £10, after May the ticket cost will increase to £15 tickets are available through eventbrite

and the Facebook

The schedule for the day is currently looking like:

10-10:30 - Registration/welcome
10:30-12:45 - Round 1
12:45-1:15 - Lunch/Best painted vote
1:15-3:15 - Round 2
3:30-5:45 - Round 3
6 - Awards/raffle and goodbyes

Entrants
1. Kevin Gillett (paid)
2. Dave Allen (paid)
3. Cai Bird (paid)
4. Jonathan Cooper (paid)
5. Luke Cocksedge (paid)
6. Alison Whitfield (paid)
7. Gemma Stevenson (paid)
8. Emma Newham (paid)
9. Alyx Drake (paid)
10. John Jordan
11. Paul Butler (paid)
12. Craig Colley (paid)
13. Mark Chennell (paid)
14. Mike Raines

Any questions just ask and I hope to see you on June 24th

Edited by Cleezy
Updated entrants

Ok folks coming up to the last week ish of the tickets being £10, we have some people who have confirmed and paid, then a few more who will be laying on payday. 

This shiyld put us at around 10 or so with others interested but no confirmation solidified.

would be great to get as many people on board and make it my biggest event yet (surpassing the 16 players of the first event)

So your encounters for the are as follows

Round 1
Standard deployment
Headhunter
Eliminate the leadership
Covert breakthrough
Show of force
Vendetta
Take prisoner

Round 2
Flank deployment
Guard the stash
Guarded treasure
Hold up their forces
Take on for the team
Recover evidence
Search the ruins

Round 3
Corner deployment
Symbols of authority
Punish the weak
Covert breakthrough
Undercover entourage
Dig their graves
Set up

Some spaces left for any late comers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 players signed up so far, we still have space for a few more so feel free to get involved. I was thinking afterwards of grabbing a bite to eat at a local Chinese restaurant - I know some people will have long journeys to make but I am trying to gauge a little interest :)

The restaurant is  https://mrlaus.com/

Let me know and I can look to book a table 

Only a couple of days to go and still a few tickets left for this if anybody wants to jump in - trophies are here (check twitter @thecleez or the facebook event page) one for the winner, best painted, most sporting and a special wooden spoon alternative, prizes (translucent dreamer crew, Miss Terious etc.) 3 rounds of Malifaux goodness, food is included and on site parking.

Should be a blast, see you all Sunday

Thanks again to everyone who made it to the event yesterday - rankings have been sent off. As always any feedback would be massively appreciated (both good and bad to make it even better in its next iteration).

Placings were as followed

1st Emma Newham
2nd Alyx Drake
3rd Luke Cocksedge

Best painted
Emma Newham

Winner of the Royal poop (spoon) and most sporting opponent 
Mark Chennell