The undying box set

Rayzthedead

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2018/2/5/monday-preview-the-undying

Very small amount of information on offer about the models in the box, but some stuff to talk about.

After he takes an assignment, nothing - not even death - can stop Manos from completing his mission. On the table, he harvests the Chi of those who die around him and expends it to increase his own capabilities, becoming Fast, more resistant, or empowering his powerful Celestial Strike attack, which ignores Hard to Kill.

Accompanying Manos are his Mourners. These undead women are defensive Belles; with Disguised and Manipulative, they're difficult to target, and their Funeral Shroud action prevents enemy models in their engagement range from targeting anyone not in base contact with them.

The Mourners aren't entirely defensive, though. They also possess the Feed off Grief attack, a ranged attack that heals them if it kills the target. Better yet, the attack is resisted by Willpower.

New Belles sound kind of interesting, slightly concerned that Manos sounds like a bit of a one dimensional beat stick.  What does everyone else think?

4 hours ago, Dragoon130 said:

Sounds like he has nice synergy with Yan-lo but I wonder if it will be enough to take over say Izamu, if you beater theory is correct. Though I took it more to mean a movement monster or a very jack of all trades model that can buff himself as needed. 

Honestly, it sounds like the opposite: no particular synergy with Yan Lo, unless he is able to pass his own Chi to others - just similar mechanics. Anyway, almost certainly a solid model I am looking for.

4 hours ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

Honestly, it sounds like the opposite: no particular synergy with Yan Lo, unless he is able to pass his own Chi to others - just similar mechanics. Anyway, almost certainly a solid model I am looking for.

I think the Yan Lo synergy comes more from the Soul Porter (being able to give others Chi) or Chiaki who can gain Chi herself and pass it to other ancestors (if he happens to be one).

• Agree 1