Spot gaps in a Pariah of Iron hiring pool

Gnomezilla

Marlena is here now, and I will play the little mechromancer for the next two months at least, claiming 8ss out of any given Outcast list. I want to keep my stompybots, but there’s a non-zero chance of deciding I simply can’t stand fielding Leveticus...but for now, that’s who I must play.

From Outcasts I have his box set minus one abomination (I’ll throw together some bits to proxy it, got Tannen’s knife hand, ronin on sprue etc.), hodgepodge effigy, and Johan. I have almost every stompybot Hoffman can hire, except the rail golem. A terracotta warrior, from my husband’s Misaki setup. Given the shortage of aboms and the recent long streak of playing Guild, I’ll probably favor hiring Arcanist constructs first and use aboms as summons only.

The only hiring gap I can see is dedicated scheme runners besides the effigies and watcher. Marlena takes the hiring cost the Midnight Stalker needs. I think I will like the Ashes and Dust jump-point playstyle, but is it essential? Should I get necropunks?

• Like 1

Watcher is pretty awesome, but extremely fragile.

Necropunks have been my go-to Leviticus minions for a long time, and they've never disappointed.

Hiring aboms only works if you have a card draw engine (Teddy+Abom or 4xAboms into Deso), otherwise a good Desolate Soul trigger gives you enough of those.

Effigy is good (most people still prefer Arcane for extra threat, but Leviticus usually kills a model in his activation, the burning might not be relevant).

As for AnD, there are strategies now where he's a huge liability (Ours, Ply and Public Executions basically tell you to never take him), so I tend to skip him. Sadly, the closest things we have to his versatility are HPE (who deals some damage, but needs the stars to be right, especially with the non-existent Levi upgrade) and Bishop (who is so easily controlled in non-Hamelin crews it's not even funny), and both are kinda suboptimal. Aionus might be a choice here, but he's pretty fragile even at 12 Wd.

Honestly, I don't think Marlena is a must-have for Levi.  He's supposed to die, so giving them the Tethered condition changes him to a melee beater, but still, I feel she's better (for the Tethered Condition) for other masters.

I've found I really really really like Nothing Beast in a Levi Crew.  It's another scary beater that takes and deals a truckload of damage.  And projects a ton of power.  I've also found that Peacekeeper is reliable, though with the point reduction on the rider, I think Hooded Rider is a great take.  A&D isn't that useful anymore, unless the older schemes show up (interference, extraction, etc) or Symobls of Authoity

• 1 month later...

So far Marlena has done little but draw fire, except for one delightful fluke of a game where tiny teddy clawed Nekima to death. This might be clouded by my inability to make Leveticus’ melee count: if I’m not punching Hoffman for severe and only doing 2 damage, I’m repeatedly red jokering against Ironsides and having it re-flipped to weak damage.

The crew seems to have trouble advancing but I suspect that is my obey play style betraying me. Most models ought not to use their own AP to walk, right?....my Bone Levy would take doxies, but that’s fewer stones for stompybots.