Favorite El Ma

4thstringer

So, who do you tend to use El Mayor on?  I generally liked using it on my master, but Lucius and Nellie rarely has a need for it in my experience.  I've been thinking about using it to make a thrall def 7. Other potential models for buffing def include my monster hunters, the sanctioned spellcaster, phiona and the Jury.  As far as mercs go, Bishop and Taelor both strike me as interesting targets for differing reasons.  

How about you?  Does it stay on your master?   Do you put it on someone else?

EDIT: Got distracted trying to put the topic on.

If Sonnia or Justice they probably need it. In McCabe I use it on a supercharged thrall or McCabe himself depending on who gets to have all the fun engaging a bunch of enemies first. If you use McCabe as a throwaway and just run into the biggest clump of dangerous beaters turn one it helps a lot to have df 9. The few times I played Nellie I had it on Bishop for the ultimate missile of doom. A fast Bishop pushed into flurry range pulls some heat. Lucius can take it on various models, my lists with him tend to be all over the place. Tannen doesn't mind standing around chatting about his adopted brother, he quite enjoys it actually. If the doppleganger is going to go all "hold my beer" and slip into a bunch of enemies it also helps greatly.

49 minutes ago, Beta said:

Depends on what I'm running.
With Perdita I put it on her most of the time. With Nellie it's on The Jury most of the time since Franc and Jury are running together (with Phiona ang a Thrall being the other tag-team).

As a person who sees Frank against me much more that sees Frank on his side (i do sometimes play guild, but don't pick him that often), I really love it when people El Mayor Perdita. Most of the time I probably wasn't going to try and beat her raw stats anyway, and would hope to damage her with indirect damage. And if my only solution to her was to beat her stats, then I normally just try and kill frank first. (Almost anything that was likely yo kill an unbuffed Perdita ought to be able to kill Frank is the way I look at it). 

What would I put it on? Probably eitehr a model that has a good Df/Wp trigger on success to really drive home their suvavability, or a model that I am likely to hang out to die, hoping that the bonus will just eat that many more resources from my opponent that teh rst of my Crew gets a much easier turn, or a model that I rally don't want to die because it is critical to my plan (so I guess things like Jury if I've built a crew that really wants those :mask). My Master Rarely counts as a model that is critical to my plan, and they normally already take up enough enemy resources to kill that I'm happy enough to not need to make it that much harder. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Crud! I knew something wasn’t right about my last McMourning crew. Goes onto Sebastian to prolong the joy of watching a rather poisoned crew backpedal for half a turn just to get out of Induction aura.

That makes me think having a push bot like the investigator is a good option in a crew too.

Honestly it really varies depending on what I am up against more than anything.  I have throw it on McCabe before just to tie up several enemies at once *Df9 can makes it hard to hit the guy*.  I have throw it on Perdita plenty but to be fair it is generally warranted as my opponent brought a killer with an attack stat of 7.  One of my most common opponents likes the Viks and has a nasty luck on the draw.  El Mayor on Perdita generally makes them target Francisco first rather than Perdita leaving her possible open to counter attack.

If I am not concerned about sheer death El Mayor often goes on what ever is near at hand.  That said I have had some pretty nifty cases.  Such as a Warden that held off a rather brutal series of attacks due to its Df7, Armor +1, and its Df trigger.  Or I have had it on Papa Loco before making a killing run against him fail several times.  That said I don't tend to specifically pick a certain model unless I have several options, more often then not he only has the master and one other model in range.