Timing while killed by a condition

Qracy

Question

Hello everybody,

I have a simple question concerning Sonnia‘s new upgrade „Cherufe‘s parting gift“.

If a model dies during the upkeep phase because of the burning condition, may you summon Sonnia‘s totem?

I would say yes, because the condition  deals damage first and is then removed.

So the model has the burning condition when it is killed and you may summon...correct?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

2 hours ago, Qracy said:

Hello everybody,

I have a simple question concerning Sonnia‘s new upgrade „Cherufe‘s parting gift“.

If a model dies during the upkeep phase because of the burning condition, may you summon Sonnia‘s totem?

I would say yes, because the condition  deals damage first and is then removed.

So the model has the burning condition when it is killed and you may summon...correct?

Thanks!

The Echoe of Power ability on that upgrade doesn't care whether or not anyone is responsible for the model being killed, it just cares that the "model was killed while it has the Burning Condition."

So, yeah, if the model is killed while you're resolving Burning, that will qualify.  Or if you resolve some other damaging condition and somehow kill the model before you resolve the Burning.  For instance, Explosive Demise or Black Blood on another model causing fatal damage to the Burning model.

Naturally, a sufficiently complicated series of events during the End Phase, or the right set of Conditions, could conspire to rob you of the summon.