Yearly Malifaux Event Thought

KingCrow

Remember back a few years ago how the yearly event revolved around factions fighting over control for areas of Malifaux?  I absolutely loved that.  I felt that it caused a huge swell in people playing games and made people want to play more than just for fun.  I do also remember that there was quite a bit of cheating too. 

My thoughts for the yearly event, if we can get the cheating under control, is that it should actually be a re-occurring event.  Each year, the factions battle it out for control of Malifaux and the reward is a nightmare box and something else for that faction alone.  Something that occurs in game but is not game breaking.  Perhaps access to a scheme in all their games that no one else is able to use or a once per game ability that is triggered after a certain action is performed (would have to be relatively hard to set-up too).  This makes each "fun game" a little competitive if the players agree and gives those factions gloating rights for that year.

From a Wyrd selling/stand-point, this would probably drive sales of factions because who wouldn't want to try out these new models from the nightmare boxes and the special reward for winning the yearly event?

So, what are peoples thoughts?