Help me learn to play Lucius

oistene

28 minutes ago, Baratta said:

Whats a Santiago Bomb? I get you can discard a card for a Mask for trigger Happy, but 2/3/4 DMG spread dosent seem worth it for me or am I missing something else? Like damaging him for  +2 SH and+flip to DMG?

The discards forinfinte shots are insane against many models. I've had a rogue necromancy shot completely off the board. Since Santiago's sh starts so high above the df he just kept winning every duel and could cheat the mask needed or discard for it. A single activation from Santiago ended up killing it from starting at full wounds. If the model has armour or arcane shield the trick is a lot less useful but against a lowish df model with just htw or htk as their defence it can be really strong.

I would assume the Santiago bomb concept with Lucius could include dropping him to low wounds through devil's deal which is nice icing on the cake. The fact that Lucius can both move and damage Santiago to then companion so the enemy can't react gives a pretty solid threat if there's something that just needs to die.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

The discards forinfinte shots are insane against many models. I've had a rogue necromancy shot completely off the board. Since Santiago's sh starts so high above the df he just kept winning every duel and could cheat the mask needed or discard for it. A single activation from Santiago ended up killing it from starting at full wounds. If the model has armour or arcane shield the trick is a lot less useful but against a lowish df model with just htw or htk as their defence it can be really strong.

I would assume the Santiago bomb concept with Lucius could include dropping him to low wounds through devil's deal which is nice icing on the cake. The fact that Lucius can both move and damage Santiago to then companion so the enemy can't react gives a pretty solid threat if there's something that just needs to die.

Those pieces are all part of it.  The rest is debt to up that damage and that Lucius can make him shoot once before he activates.  Despite armor I've taken yaz down in one go.

• Like 2