Alcohol poisoning and soulstones

Inquisitor Wall

Question

If a model has poison 1 and suffers damage at the end of the turn. Does a soulstone need to prevent 1 damage or 3 damage?  I know this is similar to Sebastian's induction but the wording in the FAQ and in this thread are not clear. From the wording, it looks like all three would need to be prevented because it says the poison condition does an additional 2 damage, not a model that sufferes damage from poison suffers +2 damage. 

8 answers to this question

U need to prevent all 3 damage.

1 hour ago, Angelshard said:

"...Models that suffers damage from this condition suffers an additional 2 damage."

There is no dividing in damage suffered like 1+2 it's always final damage summ incoming. In case of Sebastian's ability u suffer 3 damage (total incoming damage) and u need to prevent all 3 if u don't want to be damaged.

4 hours ago, Angelshard said:

I'd say you only need to prevent 1 damage.

"...Models that suffers damage from this condition suffers an additional 2 damage."

You don't suffer damage if you prevented the first point.

Not this argument again.  Please explain why you think it's sensible for the amount of damage that the model suffers to change after you determine how much damage it is going to suffer.  Because spelled out in detail, you appear to be claiming:

• Begin resolving the Poison +X Condition, get to the "Suffers 1 damage part"
  • Go through the damage application, and get to the part where you can prevent damage:  "After determining how much damage the Master or Henchman model would take, but before applying the damage, the model may spend a Soulstone to make a damage prevention flip."
  • After that, when you go to apply the damage, retroactively determine that the model is now suffering 3 damage, not 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cadaver_Junkie said:

I thought you couldn't prevent poison damage?

"During the Upkeep Step, any model with the Poison Condition suffers 1 damage that may not be reduced or negated"

Prevention by soulstones is not the same as reduction or negation. (FAQ 12)

• Thanks 1

You can prevent with a soul stone (if legal).   And I'm pretty sure, in the case of Sebastian's poison damage (when taking damage from posion, you take +2 - wording obviously isn't exact) that if you stone for the first point of damage, you negate all of it, since the extra damage is contingent on poison damage happening in the first place.

Correct, @Khyodee?

12 minutes ago, Davos said:

You can prevent with a soul stone (if legal).   And I'm pretty sure, in the case of Sebastian's poison damage (when taking damage from posion, you take +2 - wording obviously isn't exact) that if you stone for the first point of damage, you negate all of it, since the extra damage is contingent on poison damage happening in the first place.

Correct, @Khyodee?

You can't soulstone prevent until you know the total amount of damage you are taking, the +2 is added as soon as you know you'll suffer poison and after totalling you can then prevent from the totalxauffered.