Ye Olde Modelles

lusciousmccabe

• 2 weeks later...

Outcasts, my third faction but second to paint extensively. Had to get that avatar Hamelin model before it went out of production, it's just too cool. I bought a whole load of brown paints for this project, but ended up going a much more colourful route after reading up a bit on the pied piper.
1427834193_Hamelinclose.png.6a63c06b8ad455e6b0265a72c632f44f.png

1548380376_Hamelintall.png.406d66bdf94251d40115404c32876049.png

This tarpit puppy has won me more than a few games.

Nix.jpg.441accfca5039d9ce7a7a8a0b716d922.jpg

Couldn't get my hands on the metal Obedient wretch and didn't feel much like buying the plastic crew just for her, even though it is a great model. And so I picked up this lady, a proxy so perfect people tend to find it more confusing when I explain it isn't the real thing. 

1630233347_ObedientWretch.jpg.b1f4d9ed344276831be37be014cefa29.jpg

I'll try to get the rest of the rat crew photographed shortly. As always comments and criticism are welcome. 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

This is a splendid thread -- I am very fond of, or sometimes even prefer many metal miniatures (personal taste, not merit: the plastic miniatures are beautifully crafted), indeed the metal Coppelius is my favourite Malifaux miniature of any material and these are well done. 

• 4 weeks later...

So, I actually painted these models after starting this thread, which makes them relatively recent. They're still super old models though so I'm going to say it counts.

Avatar Som'er. Normally don't like painting things that are too busy, but had some good fun with this guy. Planning to use him as Hodgepodge emissary or a paperweight.

911129552_AvatarSomer.png.f207c119e6030defdcabbeb38ced4e57.png

This is my kitbashed Hannah, made from Avatar Ramos, Avatar Colette and the mask from Sam Hopkins. Think I actually posted the unpainted model in a contest here way back when.

Hannah.png.8fa2309be8c165433996ed519923d77c.png

And a Hunter. Which I'm planning on using as a Hunter. 

Hunter.png.6c24bfdd31fbba2e1de1abb894f2aea4.png

• Like 4

This is such an inspiring thread.  I love that proxy Hannah.  Do you actually use her in Arcanist crews for double Arcane Reservoir?

The avatar Hamelin is really, but I have to admit that I don't care for the cartoonish look of the old Ratcatchers.  Good painting on them anyway though.

• Thanks 1

Finally got around to finishing my Dreamer crew. Didn't like how they looked way back when but loved how they played so decided to rebase them right before hitting my dry spell. In retrospect I really should have gone for a more limited palette for the bases (and the minis overall) but to me candyland has to be every sort of colour, even if red pink and white might have worked better. 

First Daydream. He's basically a peanut M&M with wings. I had this little Hasslefree homunculus dude I really like and it gave me the idea to put a couple of little figures on each base. 

1366589676_DaydreamP.png.063f8503cefd22f809e0909975266ac6.png

This guy I absolutely love. So period-appropriate and thematic, he tells a story just all by himself. I was planning on having two little buddies with him, one looking over either shoulder, but didn't have room for it in the end so he'll just have to listen to those liquorice sticks if the supermouse starts giving him bad advice. 

664847161_DaydreamD.png.10f9b29d39b9cd4e12917e673909871f.png

Third Daydream. This one ended up getting the extra figure that didn't fit up above and so didn't have room for any actual Wyrd models, but such is life. Had to get that gingerbread man in somehow and the angry homunculus was just too good to drop. 

1119603154_DaydreamF.png.7e7b95ef8c63d3307a4aac6603346c4f.png

Which means I have the little tentacly Daydream still awaiting a new base, but they're rare 3 at the moment so I think he can stay there happily for a while. 

• Like 3

The Dreamer himself. Had some trouble getting decent in-focus shots of him, so you'll have to put up with random clipped off bits of my hands around the edges. He's so small and surrounded by stuff I think it confused my phone camera, but it does show off how ridiculously tiny this guy is compared to a fingertip. Probably could have put a bit more time into him considering he is the centre-piece of the army (half the time), but he was on my to do list for far too long, so I'm happy with how he is for now anyway. 

1079332780_Dreamerthumbs.png.3b6936171f33a610e5ad645d9efe0e17.png

And the Alps. These dudes got some unintended additional frosting thanks to spray varnish and the ceaseless Irish humidity. I've given up on spray varnish altogether now as even in a heat wave summer I can only trust it inside my house with the heating on. 

One of these dudes got a total repaint along with being re-based. Try to guess which one!

Alps.png.90aaac4107c21aa6b7eae1edd3867d54.png

• Like 2

• 3 months later...