Your ideas how to play vs unstopable crew

Rostislav

18 minutes ago, wizuriel said:

If Sonnia is up enough to drop a flame wall she is close enough to be charged by a warpig and I don't think she will survive that. 

The point of the flame wall is that you can't move through it so she should be safe unless the pigs are also flying somehow.

Just now, Tris said:

But she can`t get charged if there are flame walls in front of her, can`t she? ^^

personally I would have no problem sacrificing an activation positioning the warpigs if they have a chance to remove Sonnia end of turn 1.  Warpigs charge as a 1 action and have a WK5. 

That`s the reason you try to set the flame walls in between larger pieces of terrain, or directly in front of Sonnia all of which should make the required angles and ranges quite hard to get - but as i said before, we`ll have to settle in on the conclusion that one has to play this match up as talking seems to get us nowhere^^

17 minutes ago, Rostislav said:

If you move forward then Gremlins don't move. You are at least 24 away from them on a standart deployment.

I would be more than ok with the pigs staying i their deployment for the first two turns. Just the standard Francisco + investigator push lets Sonnia attack 22" out of her deployment turn 1 so if they stick their toes out they go to fiery hell and she places blasts into their deployment on the supporters. After two shots she then puts up her wall right in front of herself so you can't draw LoS unless you are a few inches from her abd to the side (even better if there is some terrain).

2 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I would be more than ok with the pigs staying i their deployment for the first two turns. Just the standard Francisco + investigator push lets Sonnia attack 22" out of her deployment turn 1 so if they stick their toes out they go to fiery hell and she places blasts into their deployment on the supporters. After two shots she then puts up her wall right in front of herself so you can't draw LoS unless you are a few inches from her abd to the side (even better if there is some terrain).

Ludvig, I mean that they either don't push or push less then they can. Of course they will move and charge you multiple times, but after all your activations end.

1 minute ago, Rostislav said:

Ludvig, I mean that they either don't push or push less then they can. Of course they will move and charge you multiple times, but after all your activations end.

Again, they would need LoS to charge me, and if they don`t push that aggressively that`s more than unlikely barring any player mistakes, don`t you agree?

Even that list can`t stay back and push forward to threaten multiple charge lanes at once, both at the same time :)

Plus, as it occured to me just now - don`t underestimate Nellie in the overall activation game, she`s able to slow you down, push your pigs around, pack something to alpha your list or match your activation count with relative ease.

58 minutes ago, wizuriel said:

If Sonnia is up enough to drop a flame wall she is close enough to be charged by a warpig and I don't think she will survive that. 

I would disagree, she can survive the first warpig charge, (and with only a little luck its 3rd possible attack), but that is her out of wounds. On the upside, if they do that before she activates, she has a decent chance of healing most of the damage back. if she activates first then it is probably a dead pig. 

Can’t reach into the deployment zone activation two? I know I’m a bit of ‘every problem looks like a nail’, but really *huggles emissary*. Give me activation three (it could be activation four, but the point is to interrupt the alpha early, isn’t it?) (and an 11) and I might just dig into the vaults of exceptional rudeness and think “Gremlins = low Df target-rich environment” and build my emissary towards shooting + card draw itself. And then it will unbox a model with Dampening Field (dealer’s choice whether I have opted for gunnery and Ryle, or companion and Francisco or Papa Loco) and one of those buff auras will go away.

• Like 3

Yeah, guild not being able to alpha sounds funny to me. Have you ever played Sonnia, Nellie, Hoffman, McCabe or LJ? All of them can easily touch the enemy deployment in 2-3 activations. 

McCabe can hqve a nimble and disguised executioner or peacekeeper 12" inches up after two activations or he could have something like a reactivating thrall that far up with the same abilities. 

28 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Yeah, guild not being able to alpha sounds funny to me. Have you ever played Sonnia, Nellie, Hoffman, McCabe or LJ? All of them can easily touch the enemy deployment in 2-3 activations. 

McCabe can hqve a nimble and disguised executioner or peacekeeper 12" inches up after two activations or he could have something like a reactivating thrall that far up with the same abilities. 

Hell, even Lucius can deliver a pretty competent alpha strike.  

not a guild player but I dont see the strength in this list. Admittedly against me you wouldnt have your skeeter after 1 activation so that removes the masks (and I would probably have an abom in your deployment too).

chances are your pigs wouldnt be able to get to me either (levi player with A&D - cant be charged, and rusty alyce - no charges ending within 3")

i reckon I would 10-0 this list with my current average tourney list but I would be interested to see it on the field

4 minutes ago, katadder said:

not a guild player but I dont see the strength in this list. Admittedly against me you wouldnt have your skeeter after 1 activation so that removes the masks (and I would probably have an abom in your deployment too).

chances are your pigs wouldnt be able to get to me either (levi player with A&D - cant be charged, and rusty alyce - no charges ending within 3")

i reckon I would 10-0 this list with my current average tourney list but I would be interested to see it on the field

Oooh, you guys should vassal this game.  I want to hear how it goes.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, katadder said:

could do. there are far scarier gremlin crews out there that do more damage. try UK masters pere ravage bomb backed up by a fast generally safe zipp

I remember hearing about that (I think on Flippin Wyrds) and thinking that it sounded very rough to deal with.  My reaction to most alpha strike lists is that they truly can't be much more degenerate than your average Viks list, so I don't stress over them too much.  But then people in my meta don't tend to play those kinds of lists that often, so maybe they are tougher than I thought.

EDIT: if you do play on Vassal, Please tag me on your results post because I don't want to miss it.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I remember hearing about that (I think on Flippin Wyrds) and thinking that it sounded very rough to deal with.  My reaction to most alpha strike lists is that they truly can't be much more degenerate than your average Viks list, so I don't stress over them too much.  But then people in my meta don't tend to play those kinds of lists that often, so maybe they are tougher than I thought.

EDIT: if you do play on Vassal, Please tag me on your results post because I don't want to miss it.

I love you for describing a Viks list as ‘degenerate’. That’s beautiful.

• Like 2

i really like this list!

i don't understand this point: (if anyone could explain me please)

18 hours ago, Rostislav said:

2. After it activates Bajonista. He pushes everyone 2" forward, attacks Sommer (to push him 4" forward, Skeeter autogives needed suit) and takes a def. stance.He does it so that Goblin cryer nearby can take 1 damage and 1 card (6 wounds left).

if crier take one damage for draw card after defensive stance..don't take 1 more damage because are 6 cards in hand? "over excited ability" (why 6 wounds left?)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

i really like this list!

i don't understand this point: (if anyone could explain me please)

if crier take one damage for draw card after defensive stance..don't take 1 more damage because are 6 cards in hand? "over excited ability" (why 6 wounds left?)

If you look, the player has discarded a card for the Skeetar already, to allow the cycling at only 1 damage. (It doesn't matter what discard ability you use, to get the best results you don't draw from the first one to keep your hand at 5 cards)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Adran said:

If you look, the player has discarded a card for the Skeetar already, to allow the cycling at only 1 damage. (It doesn't matter what discard ability you use, to get the best results you don't draw from the first one to keep your hand at 5 cards)

true, skeeter must discard a card to give all (area 8 masks..) thanks Adran.. but is crier 6 wounds total?

I mean, 

how about give Lady J +2+2(franc) / +dmg(loco) / ++ df flips (guardian) and Fear not the sword (effigy) and max 7ss cache

Run her up the board turn 1  15" and see what happens?  Keep the rest of the crew faar back.

Also you know his schtick, don't move up turn 1. Use guardians to block charge lanes with defensive stance and keep metal on metal the hits.

Also if you want to be funny, the new guild mortician models allow you to bring ashigaru's for set defence.

stacking that with perdita and rifleman will insta kill a charging model. (although not leave you much anything else to hire)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, katadder said:

You autokill a Df 7 model into his deployment zone without LOS to it? They have only three Wd but it still seems like a somewhat tall of an order.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Seems like they're frontloading their game and if the alpha strike doesn't go off, then they lose a lot of steam. It looks like this is more about surviving turn one than anything else (I really don't expect such a crew to win certain strats & schemes). My first thought is just some sacrifical Hounds to take some hits and stand closer than anything else so the stampedes go their way. My second thought is have a little bit of armour. This is all about being hit a lot, so -1 damage per hit really adds up. My third thought is killjoy because that would be funny, but idk how effective it would be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

You autokill a Df 7 model into his deployment zone without LOS to it? They have only three Wd but it still seems like a somewhat tall of an order.

It will probably have LOS to alot of his crew, he has a WP4 and yes I have done this to 2 skeeters in my opponents somer crew before, killing both turn 1 after they do their discard a card for suit thing.

usually this is my 2nd activation to do this, but if they hide them really well I will do it by my 4th