Our worst models

green-n-dumb

7 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

First Guild steal our Mercs so they get nerfed and now they steal conversations about our lists as well! They truly are the bad guys of Malifaux!

Guild are why you can't have nice things! You'll have to hope the new lead designer plays gremlins, maybe even apply yourself. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

First Guild steal our Mercs so they get nerfed and now they steal conversations about our lists as well! They truly are the bad guys of Malifaux!

Let's team up with Arcanists and kick Guild's a** together!

Sandeep and Somer - together we can break the Guild!

😂

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

Cause you didn't deserve it. These kind of crazy stuff belongs to only one true faction - green one!

What, it belongs in ressers?! Gremlins have some sort of yellowish brown akin to dirty water or something worse as their faction colour. ;) 

9 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

Yeah, better let's get back on the topic...

aw maaaaaan! I was about to mention that I had the sound of badly tuned Banjos and the buzzing of Skeeters in my mind while reading all that talk about our sweet sweet 'shine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the recent video of Alex Schmid - amazing competetive player.
And after big tournament his thoughts about our "out-loved" models are pretty same:
lots of cuddles 2017, cost rised of key models and some decreased cost  good models but other factions have nice decrease too.
And wave 5 is not gamechanging at all.

On 4/24/2018 at 4:52 PM, Fixxer said:

Im sorry, I did mean Wild Boars. 

Their Spiritual Curse condition will come in handy too with Zoraida or Wong crews, possibly an underrated part of the model that will be realized once played. 

You sound very optimistic - I've been trying long and hard to include Bokors in either Z or Wong lists and they never seem to be worth it. Reactivate is very limited and the curse is lacking an appropriate firepower to justify it. Wild Boars are hardly a game-changing model....

In the end, my thoughts about Wave 5 (many times stated in this forum :D) are that we got one decent model (the Crier) which can be very useful in certain strat/schemes situations, the rest is at best situational but unreliable (Wrastlers, Brin), useless (Flying Piglets, Bokors) or worse (Smuggler, which hardly even belongs in the faction).

Similar for the latest errata, where our best models went up a point, and we got point decrease on a bunch of useless models with perhaps one or two exceptions (Survivors, Raphael), while other models which desperately need a hand got ignored (Rami, for example).

Overall, we definitely got the short end of the stick, especially compared to factions which received amazing Wave 5 models (the well-known Steamfitters, Monster Hunters, Kentauroi, Midnight Stalker...) or extremely positive errata with only point decrease (I seem to recall Neverborn).

I'm not sure what the future holds but hopefully next time we'll get a better deal!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, edopersichetti said:

I'm not sure what the future holds but hopefully next time we'll get a better deal!

I doubt that as the patch of the OP faction stuck to Gremlins for eternity i'm afraid. Hope for best, expect the worst😅

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, daniello_s said:

I doubt that as the patch of the OP faction stuck to Gremlins for eternity i'm afraid. Hope for best, expect the worst😅

Indeed. Even though I struggle to see how people can think of Gremlins being OP seeing how we hardly ever win tournaments and half of the faction is well below the power curve...

5 hours ago, PolishSausage said:

Expect Zip and Iron skeeters to get hit next.

Only models left in faction that became a decent staples, that and swine-cursed.

Yep people tend to complain a lot about Zipp. However, I would hope that, if Zipp gets hit, the same happens to other Wave 5 masters which are way more over the top (Nellie, Sandeep ehm ehm).

To be fair Gremlins won UK Masters this year, which is amongst the tougher competitions there are (Zipp and Som'er unless I'm mistaken). Doesn't address in-faction balance at all of course, but at least there's some evidence gremlins aren't completely hopeless. Don't know if he used any wave 5 stuff, but hard to imagine anything other than maybe Criers...

Overall I think gremlins have gotten the worst of the complaining-is-better-than-practicing syndrome that seems to have hit the forum over the last 12-18 months or so. This has led to the cries of OP gremlins being ever as loud, even as more and more of the faction gets nerfed. It also means that some of the most absurd simultaneous topic have concerned gremlins (ie, "Gremlins are auto-win buttons, I rage quit" started the same day as "Gremlins are sucky so I rage-quit"). If only everyone could focus more about how to play their own faction to the top of their ability rather than how unfair it apparently is that bayou gremlins are 3 ss whereas tt Brother and Freikorpsmen are 5 (or whatever)...

• Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

1 hour ago, PolishSausage said:

well, dogs/guildguard/despMercs are all 3ss models that are WAAAY better than bayous just based on stats.

That's one of the things that really broke the toy, in fact. We lost our "strength in numbers" advantage, but our models didn't improve their crappy stats...now pretty much every faction has a way of fielding cheap, significant models.

2 hours ago, tmod said:

To be fair Gremlins won UK Masters this year, which is amongst the tougher competitions there are (Zipp and Som'er unless I'm mistaken). Doesn't address in-faction balance at all of course, but at least there's some evidence gremlins aren't completely hopeless. Don't know if he used any wave 5 stuff, but hard to imagine anything other than maybe Criers...

Overall I think gremlins have gotten the worst of the complaining-is-better-than-practicing syndrome that seems to have hit the forum over the last 12-18 months or so. This has led to the cries of OP gremlins being ever as loud, even as more and more of the faction gets nerfed. It also means that some of the most absurd simultaneous topic have concerned gremlins (ie, "Gremlins are auto-win buttons, I rage quit" started the same day as "Gremlins are sucky so I rage-quit"). If only everyone could focus more about how to play their own faction to the top of their ability rather than how unfair it apparently is that bayou gremlins are 3 ss whereas tt Brother and Freikorpsmen are 5 (or whatever)...

Indeed, I 100% agree that most players after a game against Gremlins just "they're OP - need to be nerfed" instead of trying to counter them, mostly because they (luckily) still retain some pretty unique abilities (like Reckless, or Dumb Luck) and, as @Omenbringer says, when things go right can be pretty nasty (although when things go wrong they implode spectacularly!)

Perhaps the solution is in fact spreading a better culture of "practice with your faction"? After all, the same happens against, I don't know, Arcanists...I know I'm gonna have to face Sandeep at some point, rather than just crying "Sandeep is OP, needs a nerf" (which he does, by the way), I need to keep practicing to find ways to beat him...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1