Our worst models

green-n-dumb

9 hours ago, Haagrum said:

That said, how many people take Hans these days?

A great deal more than who did before the errata to both him and trappers? 

He has a respectable range even unfocused, a crew that can give him some form of push could really start to threaten large parts of the board. Depending on terrain you might have a plateau somewhere that is relatively safe from pigcharges considering they're only 1" range.

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

He has a respectable range even unfocused, a crew that can give him some form of push could really start to threaten large parts of the board. Depending on terrain you might have a plateau somewhere that is relatively safe from pigcharges considering they're only 1" range.

Hans cannot be charged

4 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Hey, don't misread me - I dig Hans. He has a lot to offer, far more than just pure ranged damage. I've just never seen anyone else actually put him on the table in any game I've played or watched.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Haagrum said:

Hey, don't misread me - I dig Hans. He has a lot to offer, far more than just pure ranged damage. I've just never seen anyone else actually put him on the table in any game I've played or watched.

Since the errata I've seen him in outcasts. Rarely merc:ed in though.

Hi,

Instead of moaning (as a lot of threads already do that in gremlin forum), i would like to open a new way to think about wave 5 models.

We can all agree wave 5 models seem kinda "off", as they all seem very different from one another, regarding graphic design as well as game design.

You got a james bond/inspector gadget villain we see only as a counter pic vs ressers and neverborn right now, noisy little dudes as support (criers), attrition voodoo shamans you can only use in Zoraida crews and maybe Wong crews (not the most suffering leaders right now), dead flying pigs with little synergy with the rest of the faction, and humans working in the bayou with very odd mecanics.

What can we think about this chaotic release? You can say "we got bad models, nothing makes sense, Wyrd is loosing track of what the faction is and should be, we are the most hated faction, by the designers and other players, look at the nerfs etc". And you could be right.

But i'm an optimistic. I think Wyrd is a wonderful company with a very sharp game design skill. Maybe they want to change what gremlins were at the beginning, because they understood that you can't release several "Bayou two cards" and "Reckless" models per book. Too strong, too imbalanced, too boring too (game design wise).

So maybe they are designing the faction with new mecanics, with a lot of new synergies. But they can't do that with only one book. Next book could give you a lot of synergy with all the wave 5 models.

Look at this : Big brain brin > Reactivation mecanic. Bokors > Reactivation mecanic. Criers > card cycling mecanic.

Maybe Gremlins will lose focus on Reckless because it's not a healthy game mecanic. And the future will be in reactivation : because reactivation give you extra AP, it's fun if you can reactivate low ss models, and you get the "out activation" mecanic as well as a way for your opponent to counter that (you can't reactivate if your models are dead for example).

Sorry for long post, just wanted to be optimistic and give Wyrd more credit. I want to believe they know what they are doing. 😛

• Like 1

Happy you are optimistic about the future of the game/Gremlins however I'm a wee less optimistic in this matter as I think Wyrd is getting out of ideas how to keep the spirit of the faction and in the same time design new models which can be considered competitive with older models and not being over the power curve. Unfortunately it results with models like Kentaroui which are complained about and Bayou Smuggler which raises the eyebrow and forces people to ask - really???

And what's the point of releasing models now which require models from the next wave to work properly? 

• Agree 2

On 5/11/2018 at 8:35 AM, Ludvig said:

All this talk about sucky gremlins kind of makes me want to play them with some weird sideways options.

Something told me to read through this whole thread. (really it was just because of my love of salt)  But that is the kind of thing that I truly love.

On 5/15/2018 at 5:26 AM, Math Mathonwy said:

Abused it to death no less :D 

As far as the Somer Warpig list, I think that people had some answers to it, but that it has the potential to be a pretty powerful list, using multiple models that people have long said are worthless.  I know someone posted in the Guild thread about trying the warpig list, and their experience with it.  Have any of you given it a try, to see how it will do for you?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PolishSausage said:

Yes, I had enemy Zoraida obey my warpig to kill the other warpig and whisperer turn 1 on 2nd activation.

Lots of FUN!

Next time I had my warpig sniped to death by 2x freikorps snipers with built in rams thanks to engineers + oath keeper vonschill ( 4x focus shots with rams flipping +/ + )

Wow, brutal.

I know one thing - if book 6 will be as "great" as book 5 - we will be officialy considered as fun faction.
Competitive part of gremlins will be dead, may be only Zipp will be fine.
I watched Malifaux rankings web-sites from USA, UK and Asia - gremlins and 10T are the least playable factions in this regions.

Hope we wont meet the fate of other green guys from one England company about grimdark future battles.

9 hours ago, LoyalSkritNa said:

Look at this : Big brain brin > Reactivation mecanic. Bokors > Reactivation mecanic. Criers > card cycling mecanic

Brin and the Bokor both seem like the sort of model that could easily go from being decent models that can shine in the right circumstances to "OMG, that thing is broken" depending on what is in future releases.

• Like 1

I don't know that much about gremlins, but I do know that last year Som'er was considered a top tier master, what changed?

Also it might just be me, but Brin seems like a solid model, condition removal without suit and two good (0) actions, plus a solid aura that can really hurt a lot of models ( I would love to have it against Vicks and laugh at no whirlwind). Is it simply because he's too squishy with df 4?

1 minute ago, Angelshard said:

I don't know that much about gremlins, but I do know that last year Som'er was considered a top tier master, what changed?

Two things mostly - the power level of the game rose by quite a bit while Somer's remained the same (he got nothing from the new Upgrades, and almost nothing from book 5 and the errata was mostly a negative for him) and GG18 came along emphasising survivability over numbers and AP. He isn't bad as such but he used to be Tier 1 and now is Tier 2. IMHO - others may disagree.

1 minute ago, Angelshard said:

Also it might just be me, but Brin seems like a solid model, condition removal without suit and two good (0) actions, plus a solid aura that can really hurt a lot of models ( I would love to have it against Vicks and laugh at no whirlwind). Is it simply because he's too squishy with df 4?

Yeah. If he is good against your opponent, he will die. His effects have short range and he is super squishy. He is also a moderately expensive support model which is something that Gremlins already had an abundance of. 

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, PolishSausage said:

Yes, I had enemy Zoraida obey my warpig to kill the other warpig and whisperer turn 1 on 2nd activation.

Mmmmh, so you don't know your own abilities ? Like Old Major that make your pigs unable to charge friendly pigs with "An Eye on the Young'uns" ability.

What would you like to see being changed on summer errata? Personally i would love to see Lenny being changed somehow and Stuffed piggies to get 1ss discount when you hire Taxidermist also. the latter would help Pigapult as well. Effigy needs offucial clariducation only. The last one on my mind would be Emissary - let him have ability that after deployment it gets either Gremlin or Pig characteristic. Rest of the models imo is ok (Gluttony needs full te-work together with whole box).

• Agree 1

Adding to the list:

Remove Merc from Burt and drop 1 ss.

Give Merris attack thats identical to Iggy.

Reduce Zoraida swampfiend upgrade to 1ss

Merge some of Mah's upgrades together/ or add extra perks to them ( cards are empty)

Slophaulers need 1 extra wound

Brin need higher DF

Wraslers need bulletproof 1 or some passive that is usefull

Replace crow trigger on bayous to poison 1

Remove trixibells hench and drop to 7ss or make her gun upgrade 0ss

Remi needs something, at least SH6 for 7ss model (aka Hans)

Francois needs higher DF since he went to 8ss (5 is ok-I will take)

Gators need higher wk/chg or a trigger that actually useful (slow would be amazing)

Criers need to go to 6ss

Ophelia needs upgrade slot increase aka Jack Daw

Wong needs longer range on his spell

Zip needs reduced range on DF trigger (4" and only enemies attacks)

Sparks needs nimble/reckless or inbuilt book to his ML

Smugglers need complete rework badly 

Iron skeeters need to have restrictions on models they carry around ( Ht1 minions only), No longer CA but flip a card and resolve (so always goes off) 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PolishSausage said:

Adding to the list:

Remove Merc from Burt and drop 1 ss.

Give Merris attack thats identical to Iggy.

Reduce Zoraida swampfiend upgrade to 1ss

Merge some of Mah's upgrades together/ or add extra perks to them ( cards are empty)

Slophaulers need 1 extra wound

Brin need higher DF

Wraslers need bulletproof 1 or some passive that is usefull

Replace crow trigger on bayous to poison 1

Remove trixibells hench and drop to 7ss or make her gun upgrade 0ss

Remi needs something, at least SH6 for 7ss model (aka Hans)

Francois needs higher DF since he went to 8ss (5 is ok-I will take)

Gators need higher wk/chg or a trigger that actually useful (slow would be amazing)

Criers need to go to 6ss

Ophelia needs upgrade slot increase aka Jack Daw

Wong needs longer range on his spell

Zip needs reduced range on DF trigger (4" and only enemies attacks)

Sparks needs nimble/reckless or inbuilt book to his ML

Smugglers need complete rework badly 

Iron skeeters need to have restrictions on models they carry around ( Ht1 minions only), No longer CA but flip a card and resolve (so always goes off) 

Wow, why not just have them release a general upgrade that can be discarded to win the game while we're at it? 😩

• Thanks 1