What are the must-haves with Pandora or Dreamer

Regelridderen

On 4/16/2018 at 1:10 PM, HydroMog said:

straight from the box, pandora can be effective and fun with just a teddy and a box of insidious madnesses. which also can work for dreamer while supported by models from the pandora box such as kade (excellent with a teddy) and candy.

Here are other options, to complement what Hydromog already suggested:

The twins (Lelu & Lilitu) would be a decent pick for both Dreamer and Pandora as well. Ultimately dreamer can summon them.  Lilitu is generally a good hire. Lelu with is 0 upgrade do OK for 6SS.

Stitched together are meat and gravy for summoner dreamer and they can be really annoying for your opponent (My wife call them 'the f*cking Garbage bag (or Scumbag') there's no point hitting'). If you play other dreamer style, they are decent punching bag to redirect damage from Dreamer. They probably would do well with Pandora too, they can trigger Misery with one of their attack (to draw cards) or attack Df and hit way above their cost.

And since someone has to name them at some point: Nekima, Hooded Rider, Mr. Grave, Doppelganger

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Firstly, I don't believe there are any "Must haves" required for either master, so getting what you like the look of in the neverborn range will work, I don't think there are any neverborn boxes that they can't use so there isn't a wrong choice. 

Dreamer probably wants Nightmares, and Pandora probably wants models that play around with WP. 

This is quite an overlapping set of models (helped by Dreamer having a nice side in attacking wp)

Insidous Madness, the Twins, Teddy, Stiched together cover Nightmares that can at least create WP duels. (Theoretically Dreamer can summon them all, although he needs help to summon a Teddy).

Other good WP attacking models probably include Widow weaver, Mr Tanner (The help needed to summon Teddies). 

Of course There are lots of ways to run either crew, but if I had to order boxes to support play I would probably suggest this order  (The first 4 are in this order to get 50 ss crews for both masters that have options based on the different possible games)

Insidious Madness

Teddy

Stitched

Twins

Widow weaver or Mr Tanner (This is probably where you start deciding on what to buy based on how you like playing them, these are both models that can work with eitehr master, but probably are best at supporting a set style with them.)

• Like 1

Lelu and Lilitu: Brilliant for both. They're Woes and Nightmares, with all the synergies that entails. Probably a bit better with Dreamer as a pair, but a Ca 7 Lure is good with anyone.

Doppelganger: The ultimate Swiss-army-knife model, plus it gives you the ability to cheat initiative flips. Less necessary if you have Incite/Mood Swing, but always useful.

Teddy: He doesn't get much love, but Teddy is a great distraction. With healing and extra actions from Dreamer, he can be far more durable and dangerous. For Pandora, he's a useful source of Wp tests (for Misery) and vicious attacks against Df, which complements Pandora well. He can also get free attacks if enemy models fail Wp duels within a short range, which means more chances to attack and push enemy models around.

Insidious Madness: Harder to use well, but other comments above are on the money.

Iggy: A hugely underrated model. Iggy is fantastic with Pandora, for obvious reasons. He also gives you a way around Frame For Murder (outside of GG18) and can set up a nasty Wp bomb for Dreamer and Pandora, especially if you've won initiative and have Incite on the right model.

Great, I already got Lelu, Lilitu and Nekima. 

So I’m thinking. 

Pandora

Teddy

Iggy - pyromaniac kid seems like a great idea.

Doppleganger

sadly, neither stitched nor insidious seems available, but then the widow weaver model caught my fancy.

Then I’ll catch the Dreamer later.

does this seem like a Fun collection for now?

• Like 2

Frankly, if you plan to play Pandora, I'd get Nekima instead of Teddy. He dies really, really fast and Pandora has not a big deal of synergy with him.

So, Pandora, Doppelgänger, Iggy and Nekima is a good start, though at some point you want Lilitu (for Dreamer too).