Questions

Ghondor22

1 hour ago, Ghondor22 said:

What is the Red Cage and what are plague-ghosts?

Sounds like you're reading up on Hamelin's page? :D

The Red Cage was a comet (I think?) That fell a few years ago in Malifaux time, it brought huge amounts of magical power and caused all of the Masters to develop an Avatar form (you can see more of those in the Shifting Loyalties book.  You might be able to find some of the old out of print Avatar models of masters, but they don't have specific rules for them any more.

"Plague-Ghost" in Hamelin's background is refering to Nix.   Hamelin used to be just a Rat Catcher in Malifaux, and Nix was his faithful dog.  The event that caused Hamelin the Rat Catcher to become Hamelin the Plagued killed Nix.  The new Nix is an actual ghost of his former pet, following Hamelin around and trying to help his former master.  I think the "Plague Ghost" part comes from focusing on the ghost actually being magically diseased, much like everything else the new Hamelin touches.

The answer to the question  about the Red cage can be found in Twisting fate (The malifaux1.5 3rd book). Hopefully this is enough text to hide the "spoiler if you want to read the story. IT'll be on the Bayou broadcast as well, but I could say what number episodes. 

The red cage is the prison that the tyrant Chefule was trapped in. I'm not sure exactly where it was sent (other than Space), but it returns to malifaux, and crashes. The Magical power from this infuses the more powerful SS uses in strange ways (Causes Avatar forms). The Process used to create the Emissaries used up this power, although others have since tried to replicate the process. 

20 minutes ago, Ghondor22 said:

I would love to read the books but unfortunately I don't have the money to spare. 😕

You're in luck!  The breachside broadcast retells the fluff from the malifaux books in old timey radio broadcast form!  There are a ton of episodes (76 so far) but it's totally free!

https://www.wyrd-games.net/breachside-broadcast

2 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Listen on your way to work and you'll be through them in no time. At least if you have an hour or more of travel. ;)

Yep, that's what I did. Was a sad day when I finally reached the last one, and it came all too quickly. Then I read the books from that point (I couldn't wait). :)

• Like 1