Kirai and the Night Terror

Hello. New Kirai player here. I've been reading various guides on how to use Kirai. Several of them recommend summoning off of night terrors, the idea being you summon one spirit and bring the night terror down to one health due to Hard To Kill, and then finish off the poor thing by summoning something else off of it's last point. However, when I read Blood and Wind on Kirai's info in the app (I just realize I haven't confirmed this on the card itself), it specifically says "this damage cannot be reduced and ignores Hard To Kill". So are all these guides that I've been reading wrong, or is there a FAQ I missed somewhere along the line (or am I just plain crazy)? As always, thanks for your input.

When I've sen it done, they summon a 5-6 wound spirit off the Night terror first (Drowned is a good one) and then when  its down to 1 wound they can summon what ever they like.

Very few spirits would kill the Night terror on 1 summon, so you should plan your summoning to not do one of those big summons of an uninjured night terror. Not having read the guides I can't say they if they are right or wrong, but the idea is to summon off the night terror and leave it on 1 wound, then summon again. You are right that Hard to kill doesn't make any difference here.

Gaki, Onyro, and The Drowned all knock a Night Terror down to 1 Wd. One of these is the first thing Kirai would summon. 

Shikome, Goryo, and The Hanged all deal 4 damage to summon in so they would be the second model that gets summoned off the Night Terror.

• Like 1

For 6 soul stones worth of Night Terrors you are able to summon in 14 Wds worth of of models. 

Also at 6 stones, a Flesh Construct can be a little more efficient but doesn’t help your activation control as much. If the Flesh construct activates after Kirai in turn 1 and before Kirai in turn 2 then Kirai could summon 18 Wds worth of models off of it. If additional healing is done to the Flesh Construct, it can do more.

Ah, the Spirit Beacon Upgrade. It will cost 2 cards to make 2 Seishins, but OK, sometimes it's useful. 

Swirling Spirits also looks nice with Terrors. So it's a way to place Izamu 12" from Kirai, get Terror near Master and kill it with double Blood and Wind. 

Yes, it looks interesting! Thank's everyone :) 

38 minutes ago, Clement said:

They also can make 2 Seishin as they die, who can serve as further summoning anchors.

Further, as spirits the Night Terrors play well with Kirai and her swirling gimmicks.  The Night Terrors are also much more mobile then the Flesh Construct.

I forgot about the Seishin. That bumps it up to 22 Wds worth of models summoned off of what started out as 6 stones worth of Night Terrors (A 3 Wd and 4 Wd summon off of each Night Terror and two 4 Wd summons from each of the Seishin).

It seems like Night Terrors would also be nice to have close to Kirai for her Df/Wp trigger. They can suffer the effects of at least two attacks for her if she can meet the suit for the trigger.

It seems like the other advantage that the Flesh Construct would have is that attacking it triggers Ikiryo.  

43 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

It seems like the other advantage that the Flesh Construct would have is that attacking it triggers Ikiryo.  

I think every time I've heard of the Flesh Construct in this list, it often brings a nurse along.  The nurse also triggers Ikiryo and can patch up the flesh construct if it needs to and generally make a nuisance of itself.

3 minutes ago, Clement said:

I think every time I've heard of the Flesh Construct in this list, it often brings a nurse along.  The nurse also triggers Ikiryo and can patch up the flesh construct if it needs to and generally make a nuisance of itself.

Now were are comparing 12 stones worth of models to 6 stones though.

Just now, WWHSD said:

Now were are comparing 12 stones worth of models to 6 stones.

not saying "Nurse + Flesh Construct" is equivalent to 2 Night Terrors, just that if the Flesh Construct Route is being taken, take a look at a nurse as a support piece elsewhere in the crew.

2 minutes ago, Clement said:

not saying "Nurse + Flesh Construct" is equivalent to 2 Night Terrors, just that if the Flesh Construct Route is being taken, take a look at a nurse as a support piece elsewhere in the crew.

That makes sense. Not being a Kirai player I wonder how much she typically uses hired Wds to fuel her summons after the first couple of turns or if Seishin, Ikiryo, and almost dead models that have already activated and are on their last Wds make up the bulk of what she summons from.