What's the popularity of Malifaux in your neck of the woods compared to this time last year?

Math Mathonwy

What's the popularity of Malifaux in your neck of the woods compared to this time last year?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Half way between "still strong but less active" and "dying". Activity at the other game stores in the state have died, but it has remained the same in the one game store I play at. But only having one active store makes event attendance low to the point of it not always being worth it, and when it does happen 75% of the people there are ones you play with regularly anyway.

We lost our henchman, and no one else had quite the same reach across gaming communities. The people who have stopped playing mostly have life reasons and have not gone to other games...at least, that’s what they told me.

South of us (as far as I know) in this time a group of newbies dove in, was very happy for several months, but then mostly moved on. North, I don’t know them well. East, there is a split between veterans moving to The Other Side and a group welcoming new players.

I'd say it's on life support. We had a solid group of 4 -6 guys and gals that came out every week, but we've been slowly loosing them:

1 had a kid.

1 went back to school.

2 moved away.

It's too bad because after Adepticon I'm really jazzed to play more Malifaux 😢

My regular game nights have very few players and I have lost a few cornerstone players that are on a hiatus but I fill all the spots for a 16 spot tournament in a couple of hours.

I think people have a hard time fiting a game ino their normal weekly schedule. I have very little recruitment of new players though, last year people showed more interest in picking the game up.

• Like 1

The local store with the biggest malifaux scene moved malifaux nights to a day I already had commitments, so I haven't played much in the past couple of months, plus a lot of the less hardcore players have lost interest or moved onto other games, so our scene has been dwindling.

Here in Omaha, ne things are still the same. I have a regular group of 8/9 players a week. It will change with the season always less, never more. In fact I have more people in the area that collect/played than show up regular. Malifaux is always looked down by the locals in the area. It is a niche game and always will be. 

On 4/10/2018 at 11:24 AM, WWHSD said:

For the population in my region of the country Malifaux isn't very popular at all. I wouldn't be surprised if we had less than two active Malifaux players for every million people that live here.

Has the community diminished that much since I left?

13 minutes ago, (Keenan) said:

Has the community diminished that much since I left?

I think there’s usually around 6-8 people most nights and I think we’re probably the most active bunch in SoCal. 

It just seems low based on how many people live in the area. Seems like SD, LA, and Orange County should each have a few groups our size.

It seems like miniature games in general tend to be less popular here than in other parts of the country. I wonder if it’s due to all the sunshine, or the fact that all of the big conventions are on the other side of the country.

Compared to last year, it's basically dead.  We had around 10 people regularly showing up to play on game nights last year and when I had a chance to go a few weeks ago, I saw barely 3 or 4 guys playing.  Life has been getting in the way for a lot of people (myself included) but hopefully we are able to get more free time in the coming months!