The Real LaCroix-Ophelia tactica

DanteJH

I would add Iron Skeeters and gremlin taxidermists to the frequently taken models. Iron Skeeter leans the crew even harder into alpha striking; I often use Ophelia to launch pere forward into the main clump of enemies while using iron Skeeter to taxi Francois, Burt Jebson, or Raphael after models away from the main group while also giving fast. This makes whichever model I taxi able to have 4 AP (reckless and fast) while being close enough to attack immediately. Its also a great idea to take the upgrade, poorly-handled explosives on him because he can give pere a condition to make him explode even more when he dies. Also gives an attack action which can drop scheme markers off friendly or enemy models. This can help Sammy LaCroix  summon stuffed pigs off enemy scheme markers more consistently. Taxidermist is also a decent beater since his ml has a built in trigger which gives him a + on damage. He can also summon off of corpses (there will be plenty in my usual killy Ophelia crew) which is just more activations which all masters love. He finds a spot in most of my lists.

• Thanks 1

One note for the crew list in the post - Ophelia really really needs DC as a default upgrade. She is SS hungry for Thinking Luck trigger and having an access to reasonably good healing option helps her staying alive longer while not spending tonnes of SS for damage prevention.

For the kin heavy crew, I would suggest starting Ophelia with useless junk so the young can create trash efficiently. Young LaCroix 1 can give her metal lined coat, shoot at her causing her to relent and plink off the coat making a trash marker. Young LaCroix 2 does the same. (creating a second trash marker) Young LaCroix 3 can then give her metal lined coat and whichever gun she wants. Ophelia can then do her thing, usually pulling and launching  a model forward then shooting her gun upgrade to create another trash marker. This creates 3 trash markers on turn 1. Maybe 4 if you plink an enemy attack.

54 minutes ago, wizuriel said:

My threatening gun got nerfed / errata. The damage track is actually 3/4/6 and the ram is not built in

Jug rocket was also nerfed that the 0 is now other friendly kin and can't be used on herself

Thanks for the heads up! Changing now :)

On 4/10/2018 at 8:38 AM, DanteJH said:

The Young LaCroix are so important to Ophelia because they have a 1ap action to attach an Ophelia upgrade if they’re within 6’ ignoring all restrictions.

Their 1 action to attach doesnt ignore the Master limit of 3. Nor can you attach an upgrade that is already attached.

Burt Jebsen is not just a melee beater.
He can have infinite shooting on triger, can be tanky when have some friend near him and have nice tactical action that pulls everything to target.

I bought Ophelia and Somer when i started playing Malifaux and didnt gave her a single shot - can't understand why do we need her when we have Somer or Wong or Zipp.
She is like scheming and shooting but i dont see any reasons to pick her.

These would be the main reasons to pick her over Somer/Wong/Zipp:

Reliable shooting SH6 pair.  with another paired that can be set up * when your hand is trash and you are winging it.

Min 4's dmg

Variable attack types.  ( one that ignores LOS is HUUGE)

Damage Reduction that is (*)

Access to obey - ish abilities for 0 ( you get 2 now) with no TN's

Interesting gimmick with trash 

No ht 1 randomization for shooting

2ss totem that you can hire 3 of ( activation control and dangerous red J dumb luck model)

"free 3 upgrades" ~ more SS in cache

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, PolishSausage said:

These would be the main reasons to pick her over Somer/Wong/Zipp:

Reliable shooting SH6 pair.  with another paired that can be set up * when your hand is trash and you are winging it.

Min 4's dmg

Variable attack types.  ( one that ignores LOS is HUUGE)

Damage Reduction that is (*)

Access to obey - ish abilities for 0 ( you get 2 now) with no TN's

Interesting gimmick with trash 

No ht 1 randomization for shooting

2ss totem that you can hire 3 of ( activation control and dangerous red J dumb luck model)

"free 3 upgrades" ~ more SS in cache

She is also the only master we can launch with the pigapult. Her hooch igniter can also remove paralyze from kin that get launched from pigapult if you position well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Like, seriously @green-n-dumb, she’s so good because of how consistent and versatile she is. She has an answer for every situation, gives her crew so much passive ap and I’ve only ever had her die once cause she’s that damn survivable. She can also run really elite or really spammy crews because of her totem and her ss efficiency makes me wet. Give her a go man

• Agree 1

as I mentioned before: I love this thread.

There is one Model I'd like to add: Merris LaCroix.

While Merris does not Play into the Killy-Theme of most of the other Kin, I really like her a lot. She is rather fast with her reckless flying and really good at dropping scheme-markers.

Yes, you could say that dropping scheme markers is not as important since you drop them with "something to remember her by" but sometimes you want to place a marker or two in hard to reach spots and not in the middle of where sh*t is going down.

32 minutes ago, Davie said:

as I mentioned before: I love this thread.

There is one Model I'd like to add: Merris LaCroix.

While Merris does not Play into the Killy-Theme of most of the other Kin, I really like her a lot. She is rather fast with her reckless flying and really good at dropping scheme-markers.

Yes, you could say that dropping scheme markers is not as important since you drop them with "something to remember her by" but sometimes you want to place a marker or two in hard to reach spots and not in the middle of where sh*t is going down.

I had completely forgotten merris! She can score marker schemes all on her own. She gives me points every time I play her. With useless junk can let her make 3 scheme markers in a single activation. Push into base contact with a trash marker, walk, place a scheme markers, walk, 0ap bombs away for third marker.

• Agree 1

I would add the Lucky Effigy to common choices (for me anyway).  Ophelia flips a lot of cards so having an ability that let's you heal one for every ram flipped is useful as is its "hit me ability" for closing down charge lanes and drawing attention away from squishy kin models. If an enemy model that is height 2 or above is tied up with the effigy,  ophelia and those around here and rami can all shoot at it without randomising. 

Good work on this. Thanks for taking the time to work on it.

• Adran pinned this topic