Monday Preview - A Mysterious Surprise

Nef

4 hours ago, -Loki- said:

Yeah we’ve known it’s been associated with Bayou Bash for a while. But when someone from Wyrd says it’s not in Bayou Bash... I think they’d know?

Oh! I must have missed that.

hmmmm thats...wyrd... design-wise I don't really see him in Malifaux. He Looks a bit to "arcady" to me. Although I do like the chubby gator. could be a Counts-as-Gracie with all that Junk attached to it. Don't like the Rider though. At least not for Malifaux

It's clearly Bayou Bash. Of course, it still could be used to represent stuff in Malifaux, whether officially or not (conversions with Wyrd models are allowed in tournaments so...)

Not a big fan of the artwork however, nor the new material used for the latest released models - it looks like all of ToS, Bayou Bash etc. are using some sort of pre-assembled PVC, plus for example the new alt models are metal etc.

#savetheplastic :D

• Like 1

I really hope it's neither a Tavish nor a Emissary since neither is a gremlin by rules.

Maybe it's not in Bayou Bash but in the unannounced Bayou Bash Expansion "Moonshine & Gator-ade".

kinda cheeky... it would be in Bayou Bash but not in THE Bayou Bash

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, the tick said:

I believe his thinking was that if it's a nightmare model then they may divert from the original model.

Also hoping for it to NOT be McTavish or Emissary.

This was my thoughts exactly. They can write fluff around any of that I would think. Maybe the gator egg fell in the pig pen and grew up think it' a pig. Ha!

16 hours ago, edopersichetti said:

Lol :D

There is a photo lying around....so someone somewhere is not being entirely "accurate", let's say.
Photo attached, "mysterious" model is bottom left. :D

bayou-bash-gencon-2017.jpg

Yeah, as I said, we've all seen that. But, I think Wyrd would know. They know that picture has been circulating (it's come up here a few times) and they're also making the game. They've got nothing to gain from lying about it.

It could be a number of things. Maybe it was intended for Bayou Bash and they decided to use it for something else (maybe to keep the box cost down), maybe it was a sculpt they had lying around and thought it would fit in BB but decided otherwise and come up with something else, maybe it was just put in the cabinet with the rest because it looked cool with them.

Whatever the reason, it's obviously not for Bayou Bash anymore, if it ever was.

On 4/13/2018 at 11:29 PM, edopersichetti said:

Lol :D

There is a photo lying around....so someone somewhere is not being entirely "accurate", let's say.
Photo attached, "mysterious" model is bottom left. :D

bayou-bash-gencon-2017.jpg

Maybe this Gator Rider can replace McTavish. Other riders might have their place in Malifaux too.

Plus, I wish Waldgeist Rider can be a new Minion.😋

But what Gremlins win from last grobal event should not be included in Bayou Bash.

They are two different subjects.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Goodtest said:

Maybe this Gator Rider can replace McTavish. Other riders might have their place in Malifaux too.

Plus, I wish Waldgeist Rider can be a new Minion.😋

But what Gremlins win from last grobal event should not be included in Bayou Bash.

They are two different subjects.

Well yeah, I guess every model from Bayou Bash should be usable in Malifaux, as they're Wyrd models, right? ;)

On 4/14/2018 at 3:40 AM, -Loki- said:

Yeah, as I said, we've all seen that. But, I think Wyrd would know. They know that picture has been circulating (it's come up here a few times) and they're also making the game. They've got nothing to gain from lying about it.

It could be a number of things. Maybe it was intended for Bayou Bash and they decided to use it for something else (maybe to keep the box cost down), maybe it was a sculpt they had lying around and thought it would fit in BB but decided otherwise and come up with something else, maybe it was just put in the cabinet with the rest because it looked cool with them.

Whatever the reason, it's obviously not for Bayou Bash anymore, if it ever was.

You can assume they have nothing to gain from it, I'm actually not as sure as you ;)
It's clearly a way of getting the hype up. It's not a biggie, really, I've seen much more ruthless advertisement methods...but I find it hard to deny that it was a Bayou Bash model...made out of the same material, with all the other models, and in front of the box...how much more evidence does one need?!?

My 2cents: it's a Bayou Bash model which can be "officially" used in Malifaux. Which, as I said, should be nothing new, seeing how I've seen every sort of Wyrd models from other games (including puppet wars!) used in Malifaux...