Collodi Pull the Strings

Yriel

Question

Hello, 

Collodi use pull the strings on Yasunori and choose the last trigger. So he puts "A new thread" condition on Yasunori. Yasunori activates whitin 4" of Asami. 

The question is: can Collodi deal one damage to Asami for charge (1 AP)  with Yasunori? 

9 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Ludvig said:

I was under the impression that the attacks weren't part of the charge action, just generated by it, based on the discussion on Somer's Encouragement. It doesn't say Collodi controls you for the diration of the action, just that it controls thr action.

• Pg 38, “Actions Causing Actions” Call Out Box: Change the text of the first paragraph to: “Some Actions and Abilities will force or allow a model to take another Action. If an Action or Ability calls for another Action to be taken (such as Charge or “Make A New Entry”) then the additional Action or Actions do not cost any AP. The original Action is not considered resolved until the new Actions are also resolved.”

The Charge action is not complete until the attacks are. So whilst they are separate actions, they are nestled within the charge action. 

I know there has been several discussions involving what is and what isn't part of the action,  but I honestly don't think any of them have suggested model control changes part way through a models action. 

"Collodi will control the charge action, which means for the duration of the charge action (so including any actions the charge action generates) Collodi ('s player) will be doing the flipping/cheating. 

Yasunori is still friendly to Asami so can still damage her to charge as a (1) action even if she is controlled by a different player at the time. 

2 minutes ago, Adran said:

"Collodi will control the charge action, which means for the duration of the charge action (so including any actions the charge action generates) Collodi ('s player) will be doing the flipping/cheating

I was under the impression that the attacks weren't part of the charge action, just generated by it, based on the discussion on Somer's Encouragement. It doesn't say Collodi controls you for the diration of the action, just that it controls thr action.

Ok thank you for now but so what's the difference between this trigger and "my bidding" trigger? 

One says "perform a 1 action chosen and controlled by this model controller" and the other says "the opposing player immediately perform a 1 action whit this model" 

@Adran

I believe I argued that the attacks were part of the charge in the other discussion, I'm assuming anyone who argued the opposite would say that control reverts to the normal controller. I think Collodi should control the attacks as well so no need to open up that can of worms here since we seem to be in agreement. Sorry I brought it up.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Yriel said:

Ok thank you for now but so what's the difference between this trigger and "my bidding" trigger? 

One says "perform a 1 action chosen and controlled by this model controller" and the other says "the opposing player immediately perform a 1 action whit this model" 

Because My Bidding is basically just an obey on a trigger, and Idle Hands gives a condition, so the condition needs to be worded from the point of view of the model with the condition.

1 hour ago, Yriel said:

The trigger to give the new threads condition turns out to be equal to the trigger to give slow, and the my bidding trigger (As then in both cases you control the model for 1 AP, and then opponent controls it for 1 AP). My bidding happens straight away, rather than waiting until the model activates, but doesn't reduce the models AP.