Double suit triggers

i_eat_cannibals

Question

Hello,

I am new to Malifaux, my daughter and I have started playing, she plays Neverborn and I play Arcanists. I noticed something on Ramos' Uncontrolled Detonation and the Brass Arachnid's Stoke TA. There are two tomes listed and I was wondering how you can get two of a suit in a card flip. I understand how suit triggers work but I cannot find how double suit triggers work. 

3 answers to this question

Often in a model's action there will be a built in suit - for example, on the brass arachnid there is a tome build in (thus is says Ca4 :tome) That means there is already ONE tome in the final total using that tome, so you need to either flip or play the other tome in order to successfully get the cast off. Most people would say you need to have a 10+ of :tome in your hand to make that action go off. (If you play a 10 of :tome with the built in :tome you now have 14:tome:tome)

Many models don't have their suits build in, but it's hard to give you an example from Ramos box... because most of his models have at least one suit built into all their stuff. 

Howard Langston is another model that has this issue. He has the crow built into his attack, and you'll need to play a ram in order to get the 'decapitate' trigger to go off. 

Look at all the model cards you have and check their attack or cast stats. Some will have a suit along with the Ca, Ml, or Sh stat, but some will not. 

Some Masters and Henchmen won't have any of the suits built in to a certain trigger (like Misaki) and will need two of a suit to cast something. This (usually) requires that you burn a soulstone to add one of the suit into the total, then flip or play the second. However, this is more rare. 

Actions with TNs or triggers that require two suits (or more than one of the same suit) typically have a suit built into the action.

Uncontrolled Detonation for example is Ca8:tome. That means it is always going to have one :tome in the duel total. Any additional suits that you get from your flip or from spending a soul stone to add a suit stack with that.

If Ramos used Uncontrolled Detonation, spent a stone to add a :tome, and then flipped a 9:ramhe would have a duel total of 17:ram:tome:tome.