Lady J Proxy or Alt Sculpts

DTH

Hi

The Death Marshalls (and their pine boxes) were the minis that got me into Malifaux and now Lady J can get her own pine box, I want to do a conversion. 

I've got a 1e Lady J so I could go down the route of getting a 2e box and just converting that with one of the pine boxes from a death marshall in there but that would duplicate a lot of minis I don't want / need and an expensive way to go about it too.

Has anyone got suggestions for good Lady J proxies? A bit of green stuff can provide a blindfold, so that doesn't matter. I'm specifically looking for dynamic poses in 32mm, so I'm guessing the field is rather limited. 

Unless of course someone has a 2e / alt Lady J they want to part with?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2018 at 6:17 PM, doubledragon said:

This is my Lady J conversion. Combined parts of her plastic miniature with that of one of the Ronin

IMG_4078.jpg

Awesome! It even makes the hair kinda make sense...

I got one myself that I really like. Not my work, saw it on eBay and just HAD to have it... Will try to get a picture later. Hopefully the converter will be around here to claim credit, because it'd be well deserved!

(I have FAR too many justice models; this one two regular plastic (awaiting conversion), at least three metals (regular and alt), the old avatar, etc... Have a plan for all of them, but will probably not get around to them all this decade. Or the next... Oh, and I haven't even gotten around to play Guild yet this edition...) 😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

HUKyzu4.jpg

My idea is simply turn the lady's head to the direction that the blade is pointing to, which will make it a more common fighting pose (at least for the upper body...). The hair may need some modify. Well, she did have her hair cut in the book 5.

I do not have any spear model so cannot try it by myself. Looking forward if someone actually makes one.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DTH said:

That's awesome. What base model did you use?

If you're refering to my Lady...

Wish I could give details, but bought her like this off eBay. Hopefully someone in here will come forward with details and claim their rightful accolades, I think it looks awesome. Normally I don't like to buy painted, but this one was just too cool to pass up...

Boy, you never realize how many of Malifaux's kneeling models are right knee higher until you try to find one with the left knee higher. That curve to the folded leg says Wave 1 to me (when the slightly unrealistic leg curve was 'in') and I'm wondering if those aren't Viktorias lower legs, attached at the knee to re-posed Lady Justice upper legs. The Freikorps librarian leg has too many folds in the cloth, besides being too valuable to chop up.

• Like 1