Ulix june errata??? (Husbandry + wild boars)

Ikiwith

Hi Bayou inhabitants.

Two of my wild boars are on my paintting desk and they are staring at me like saying "Hey dude, paint us". 

After January errata they were down a soulstone but I haven't seen them on the game yet. I have been thiking that they are models wich are on the Ulix starter crew and Husbandry could be great for them.

Between the 12-13, three scheme markers and 4 wounds for the warpig, and the 9+ and 2 wounds for piglet, could exist a gap for the wildboars.

10+, 2 wounds on wildboar and 2 wounds on Ulix or something like that.

What's your opinion Hog whisperers?

• Agree 1

A method to summon Wild Boars was something I was hoping for with his Wave 5 upgrades (not to say the upgrades he got aren't good). Not sure how to balance it, maybe some wounds? Maybe combining two piglets to make a Boar (a la Rats->Rat Catchers)? Maybe a corpse marker (like they're attracted by the meat)?

I'm hoping some day Ulix can become more summone-styled like other summoners.
Look at resurectionists summoners - they can summon HUUUUGE model list.
Why Ulix cant summon more models?
Example:
Wild boars - its strange that these guys aren't on board yet.
Bayou gators - there are thouthands of crocodile farms around the world, why cant alpha-male Ulix make his own farm?
Roosters - they can have second life, ostrich farms are too all around the globe, why cant Ulix become a little more businessman and summon that huge nice Rooster which were killed by one of eratas?
50mm pigs - they can be summoned like Teddy or Ice Golem - you need 12-13 masks, it happens not often, but you can summon Gracie, Sow, Mechporkchop.
Some upgrades manipulations like attaching Saddle/One Pig against the world on summoned pigs.

Ulix for me looking like pure summoner and im a little bit confused why Wyrd dont move him in this way.
We have Ramos, Kirai, Hamelin, Nicodem and they can summon half of the fraction and everything working fine.

Im in love with summoning gameplay (as main master is Somer im not leaving home without 9-12 bayou gremlins) and im hoping to see pure summon-oriented master in Gremlins.

1 hour ago, the tick said:

A method to summon Wild Boars was something I was hoping for with his Wave 5 upgrades (not to say the upgrades he got aren't good). Not sure how to balance it, maybe some wounds? Maybe combining two piglets to make a Boar (a la Rats->Rat Catchers)? Maybe a corpse marker (like they're attracted by the meat)?

I agree, with something related yo markers. Rats-rat cachers, meh it's exist and I don't really like It. Nevertheress, Wild boars could be a great option if you need some punch in your crew and you don't have/don't want spend your highest cards to summon a warpig.

59 minutes ago, green-n-dumb said:

I'm hoping some day Ulix can become more summone-styled like other summoners.
Look at resurectionists summoners - they can summon HUUUUGE model list.
Why Ulix cant summon more models?
Example:
Wild boars - its strange that these guys aren't on board yet.
Bayou gators - there are thouthands of crocodile farms around the world, why cant alpha-male Ulix make his own farm?
Roosters - they can have second life, ostrich farms are too all around the globe, why cant Ulix become a little more businessman and summon that huge nice Rooster which were killed by one of eratas?
50mm pigs - they can be summoned like Teddy or Ice Golem - you need 12-13 masks, it happens not often, but you can summon Gracie, Sow, Mechporkchop.
Some upgrades manipulations like attaching Saddle/One Pig against the world on summoned pigs.

Ulix for me looking like pure summoner and im a little bit confused why Wyrd dont move him in this way.
We have Ramos, Kirai, Hamelin, Nicodem and they can summon half of the fraction and everything working fine.

Im in love with summoning gameplay (as main master is Somer im not leaving home without 9-12 bayou gremlins) and im hoping to see pure summon-oriented master in Gremlins.

I agree with the concept of farmer but It will be difficult because Ulix and their actions are related with piggies.

But summoning wild boars or gators you open the crew to use some models like gatreaux or McTavish in a no Zoraida crew.

Summon rooster is my wet dream xD, but I think that It won't occur.  I think that with rooster a better option should be remove their ram trigger instead of reckless.

Gracie and the sow are ubique models and for 50mm have the warpig, I think that on this field we are ok.

I like Ulix crew and playstile, however I miss more models options to use on his crew.

I think a good option for summoning wild boars would be ulix giving the ability for piglets to mature into them like terror tots>young nephilim. When a piglet makes a kill, they grow up into a wild boar. Then when the wild boar makes a kill, it could turn into a war pig. I like the idea of Ulix raising the pigs to be from piglets.

• Agree 1

I guess it depends on the meta... but I have great results with Ulix as he is right now.

and more on Topic: I have great results with Wild Boars as they are now.

I use them as early-aggression Distraction-Desasterpieces  who can contest a flank or even snipe out important enemy models early in the game. Like pesky snipers or that one time where I killed Hannah on turn one.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Davie said:

I guess it depends on the meta... but I have great results with Ulix as he is right now.

and more on Topic: I have great results with Wild Boars as they are now.

I use them as early-aggression Distraction-Desasterpieces  who can contest a flank or even snipe out important enemy models early in the game. Like pesky snipers or that one time where I killed Hannah on turn one.

Ulix is a pretty good master and it's great play with him, it's more about have different options than he is not ok.

Ulix haven't has any new theme models since wave 2. In wave 3 was the porkchop that it's not relate with him, but ok you can use yo summon with It. Wave 4 swine-cursed that they are Wong theme and Wave 5, flying piglets... Those were the pigs of other waves but no one focus on Ulix theme.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ikiwith said:

Ulix is a pretty good master and it's great play with him, it's more about have different options than he is not ok.

Ulix haven't has any new theme models since wave 2. In wave 3 was the porkchop that it's not relate with him, but ok you can use yo summon with It. Wave 4 swine-cursed that they are Wong theme and Wave 5, flying piglets... Those were the pigs of other waves but no one focus on Ulix theme.

Yeah I think you raise a good point... there have been no real additions to Ulix except for the Broken Promises Upgrades....

What I'd like to see: Some sort of Bayou-Witch who can turn Models into Pigs (give them the pig-trait) so Ulix can interact with them. Shot in the Rear on Francois, hitch a ride on some triple-walked reckless Model. Cornhusks, Sooey, propper care... think of all the possibilities....

whoops... usually I'm not to fond of wishlisting....I got carried awway. sorry. :D this was wildly off-Topic...

on Wild Boars: I think if you add pigcharge, you have to decrease their HP. I think 8 Hp for 5SS is Close to crazy to begin with...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Davie said:

on Wild Boars: I think if you add pigcharge, you have to decrease their HP. I think 8 Hp for 5SS is Close to crazy to begin with...

With Df5/Wp4 that shouldn't be an issue but i wouldn't mind if they got Pig Charge at the cost of -1/2 HP

Love the idea! Pigcharge or a summon for ulix, both work for me.

I think that having pigcharge could easily break them in the other way, because of their from the shadow ability. Such a modle with pigcharge and from the shadows can easily destroy game plans in a way that is not that nice. 3 Boars in the enemy crew? Happy scheming to yu gremlin player, whie your opponent is busy dealing with those bad boys.

It would allow shadowing in total cover and no LoS and then walking around and charging stuff. That would be a little bit too much i think :).

Just think of your opponents a bit :D

On 4/6/2018 at 5:30 AM, Finalscene said:

I think a good option for summoning wild boars would be ulix giving the ability for piglets to mature into them like terror tots>young nephilim. When a piglet makes a kill, they grow up into a wild boar. Then when the wild boar makes a kill, it could turn into a war pig. I like the idea of Ulix raising the pigs to be from piglets.

Id make the upgrade from wild boar to war pig require a bayou gremlin and not necessarily a kill. Thematically it makes sense and might be easier to balance mechanically wise (it requires more moving parts)

I think what Ulix really needs is better overall WP. Pigs have WP 3 and 4 respectively, and that makes them curl up and fold to any mental assault. If Pigs within 8" got stubborn through fierce loyalty, a lot of his issues would dissipate. 

However, Ulix is in a fine place and honestly doesn't need much in the way of buffs. Any errata to make him more interesting risks making him overbearing and may turn his elegant kit inside out. 

• Agree 1