How to deal with Sandeep

raderk

13 hours ago, Passenty said:

So hitting moderates on minus is now somehow a viable tactic? You are risking 13-14ss model for that, I would call this quite a gamble.

So my argumet here for the whole time is that your not getting 3 swings with nekima due to slow from mages, If you speak about 2 turns of attacks my argument is that nekima needs all 3 hits to kill unactivated mage (bb does nothing against the shield and unless you hit moderate but its still not the great trade), You have x2 rush and wings which is nice, the problem is he has just more cards between arcane res,  biting myranda with raptor, IE from myranda and + from gamin and cerber. IE is of course a one time boost but its often enough to assasinate either nekima or lilith, so its not like lilith player can be so bold with everything he does. I have played this match up fair amount against competent players and you may trust me that lilith rans out of cards quicker then sandeep. And for whole time Iam not speaking about any perfect storm of events just normal stuff like a guy with 11 cards is hitting def 5 model with ca6 with plus, knows how to use his triggers, is not walking his models into nekima bb+swing range, is not using his face cards to summon gamins, knows tangle shadows has 5ca and most of his models are wp6 so keeps a high card for that attack. Meanwhile everyone insists that nekima will drain a lot of resources from Sandeep and thats a good way to play the match up, which is in my opinion a bad way to play it out - Nekima will drain more of your own resources and she will maybe kill a model that costs less then her. 

How are you slowing/pushing Nekima when engaged? I cannot see anything on the mages' cards that allows a push when engaged. You could always use the Captain for airburst or something, but then Nekima would be charging right back in next activation...

I might have missed something, as I don't play Sandeep myself, but I cannot see it...

53 minutes ago, tmod said:

How are you slowing/pushing Nekima when engaged? I cannot see anything on the mages' cards that allows a push when engaged. You could always use the Captain for airburst or something, but then Nekima would be charging right back in next activation...

I might have missed something, as I don't play Sandeep myself, but I cannot see it...

The Mage with Blood Ward could do it since he can use Elemental Bolt as a 2:meleeattack while engaged. Hopefully, Nekima killed that Mage.

8 hours ago, WWHSD said:

The Mage with Blood Ward could do it since he can use Elemental Bolt as a 2:meleeattack while engaged. Hopefully, Nekima killed that Mage.

Yeah, but that's one mage. Should be possible to tangle away, gang upon by something else, slow, kill, or something, right? I mean, I keep hearing there are three of them, and killing just one will be inconsequential. If you kill one to disable to two others the problem should be prettt much solved...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Passenty said:

What do you mean by static? Sandeep crew is one of the most mobile crews in the game - angelica/captain and places/pushes from sandeep, have you tried WW? Dont own Serena yet but Ill definatly give her a try. 

If you use the lure tactic what do you try to lure? Its not like Sandeep dosent have means to surgical strike across the board where its needed so He can also apply pressure.

Sue is much better then aeslin, and yes he is a good counterpick.

I have never stated Sandeep is unbeatable (he is although you are always an underdog) but you cant convince me (so far) that just throwing Nekima into his face is a solid tactic

Mages need to be near acedemic models to gain suits. They need to be near M&SU models for the Wp bonus, they need to be near gamin for the :+flipto attack, and they need to be near models that are taking advantage of Warding runes. That's an awful lot of positioning things to take into account to get those mages working at their best. There are plenty of movement tricks possible in the list, but being in a position where you are already in a  position to work at full power, and also able to escape engagement to be at another position of maximum power is pretty hard. 

So no I don't view him as mobile because to change your main area of aggression you take a lot of time and lose a lot of power as you do so. A lot of his strength is based on mutual support, and in a game where you typically can only move models 1 at a time, you can't always be in support. 

And Whilst I agree as the Nekima player, throwing her at the crew is risky, it has the potential to work. And a lot of that potential is dependent on the Neverborn player and their hand, so its information that Sandeep doesn't have, and if it happens, at a time Sandeep has a bad hand, because he has been summoning, and Nekema has a good hand, then its not that hard for her to ruin his day. So whilst  you are right its not a sensible tactic every game, it is something that will work most games if you time it right (which also means that the Sandeep player has to play in a way that they are vulnerable to it). Fears given form on her almost makes her not killing a model worse than her killing it, because they can activate and die, losing the model, and then also losing the activation.  And yes, you can cheat the cards to pass, but how you have 3 unactivated mages, that manage to flip well enough to survive Nekima not killing them in attacks, and still have a good enough hand left to be able to cheat 3 moderate df flips and not count it as luck I don't know.. Especially as if she is within 1" of the mages, then she will black blood on the activating one at least. 

I don't think there is an always right model to lure. What there is is the right model at the right time. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1