How do you feel about Hans?

Davos

So, with his reduction in cost, I've been trying to fit Hans into more of my lists, normally with Viks, (as a long-range anti-flank schemer) or Levi, when the Strat/Schemes don't call for me to run Midnight Stalker.  I've found him....less than helpful.  I love his shtick and how he plays, I just can't find an actual use for him.  I've tried him in Public Execution @ Adepticon and he either missed everything, or just forced cards out of my opponents hand - which, while useful, didn't score me points.  I still think he could be really good in symbols of authority, since he ignores them of LOS, but he's then taking the spot of a scheme - here's looking at you Stalker - which is just better. 

I really want to play him, I just can't find a decent justification for him.  Have any of you found him useful in a specific matchup?  Or Pool?

I like him for Vendetta in GG2018; apart from that I've gotten mixed results in the last few matches playing him (all of them with standard deployment, haven't had the luck to play him with close deployment). The best output I got from Hans required having the master with I pay better so I could get two focused shoots during the first turn, the second turn it's hard to get more than one focused shot, and even then with his meh damage... On the other hand I find it amazing how people deploy when they know you have Hans. 

I like the fact that he doesn't randomise.  That and the long range, even longer than the trapper.  It's basically a question of Hans vs trapper.  Those comparisons have been done a number of times on here - search for Hans to read through them - but bear in mind that when they were all done, trapper was 6 SS and Hans was 8.  Now they're both 7 and Hans has his 0SS upgrade - although sometimes that's not the best one for him to take; people do find use in him being able to one-shot the enemy peon at the start of turn 1.

I've never bothered trying to shoot the upgrade off anything.....I can see why it would help, but it's just too card intensive for the most part.  

His good now. Play him with Parker and Leveticus. If Vendetta in a pool, Hans almost always earn 3 VP for you. If you have heavy melee beater which can lock down few enemy models in engagement, Hans can kill some of them, because 2 focused shot in turn - it's good. But you need careful deploy him. Bad thing - his still very card hungry.

played two times inside a Colette crew recently (symbol of authority, public executions) after SS cut.

In the first game (neverborn) was totally unusefull, in the second one (vs archanist) was the mvp due the slow and armor ignoring.

sh6, horror immunity, slow, armor ignoring and 18''(36'') range is fair for his cost if he can stay safe over a building.

With the right combo of board, opponent, strategy I think he can be useful, maybe more as mercenary for factions with a lack of shooting.

He helped me to score vendetta, denying show of force, slowing something who necessary need 2 ap to charge or interact to score points.

There is a fact about snipers we usualy forget, since they didn't do much for us... :

What did they do for our opponent ? How did they handle the fear of facing hans ? This is an important thing to think about. Next time you feel like he does nothing, ask your opponent : he may say it was the most annoying model of your crew...

• Like 3
  • Agree 3