Marcus, The Governor's Proxy, and the "Sucker" Francisco | Rules Question

Beeray

Over the weekend I oversaw a Game of Marcus vs Perdita.

The Perdita player took the Scheme "Take One For The Team" with Francisco as the Sucker.
On round 2 the Marcus player was able to make Francisco a Beast and then Casts Alpha on him to attack and Kill the Governor's Proxy.
Here is where we weren't sure  how this would play out.
Governor's Influence Triggered on Francisco killing him, we played it as the controller of Francisco made the Wp duel, in which case the Marcus player cheated the flip to lose the duel killing Francisco.
Now that Francisco has died, We questioned if Take One For The Team would Trigger.
We went with no, since the Proxy is technically a Friendly model.

Did we play this right?
Thanks in advanced!

• Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 1:49 AM, Beeray said:

Gross!

That's brutal! Thanks Guys!

Yup. The first thing I'd do in a situation like that, if I got the BJ in my hand or discard, is kill that little bastard and make sure I can pass that test. Alternatively, run that little bastard as far away from EVERYTHING in my crew as fast as his stubby legs would carry him.

You don't let a Marcus Alpha ruin your day like that. It's why if my opponent and I declare Arcanists, I NEVER field Ramos. It's never happened, but the thought of being Alpha'd to Controlled Detonation Ramos (and others if he's got sufficient Tomes), is enough to give me cold sweats.

• Like 1