Pantoporos Aporos' painted minis

I've finally started painting my Puppet Wars miniatures in earnest, and was going to wait until I had a bunch finished before posting here, but I'd appreciate some feedback on this work-in-progress Executioner:

Zzklhag.jpg

T5sqHi0.jpg

I'm happy with the highlights on the body and cloth, but wonder if I should do a bit more on the backpack. That probably means I should, but since I've only been painting for a short while I figured I'd ask more experienced folks. 

What do you all think?

--PA

• Like 4

Think he looks great. The colour selection is perfect and neatly applied. 

I would highlight the backpack a bit more. It can be a bit annoying with metallics, so you might prefer to pick out some parts in another colour to break it up. Maybe a silver on the grill or gold on the clock frame.

Another thing I would do is add a little more colour to the centre of the eye. it's only a small thing but just a dab of deeper red would give it a nice glassy look. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Think the red one is my favourite. The shading on the gear looks great. It's also really nice on the gold one but the colour contrast puts it over the top.

Edit: The rusting looks much better on the lower half of the model to me. Think it's an effect that really lends itself to smaller areas and patches. 

Thanks, and agreed!