Pantoporos Aporos

Pantoporos Aporos' painted minis

I've finally started painting my Puppet Wars miniatures in earnest, and was going to wait until I had a bunch finished before posting here, but I'd appreciate some feedback on this work-in-progress Executioner:

Zzklhag.jpg

T5sqHi0.jpg

I'm happy with the highlights on the body and cloth, but wonder if I should do a bit more on the backpack. That probably means I should, but since I've only been painting for a short while I figured I'd ask more experienced folks. 

What do you all think?

--PA

• Like 4

Think he looks great. The colour selection is perfect and neatly applied. 

I would highlight the backpack a bit more. It can be a bit annoying with metallics, so you might prefer to pick out some parts in another colour to break it up. Maybe a silver on the grill or gold on the clock frame.

Another thing I would do is add a little more colour to the centre of the eye. it's only a small thing but just a dab of deeper red would give it a nice glassy look. 

• Like 1

Thanks! Picking out some bits of the pack with gold and silver sounds like a great idea -- but unfortunately I put the finishing touches on this guy last night, and sealed him this morning. As soon as I can put some matte varnish on the cloth bits, I'll post an updated photo.  Hopefully in the next couple of days.

Got the Silurids painted. I'm not as happy with them as I am with the executioners, but they still look good on the table. The photos do make the mistakes pop out though!

t4kf3oX.jpg

ND4vmrx.jpg

37c75jt.jpg

Next up will be the Razorspine Rattlers!

• Like 2

Got my Razorspine Rattlers painted. Here they are in order of most to least favorite:

1nxq1WL.jpg

HlZBLDU.jpg

7nbSJCg.jpg

The rust effect looks good enough in person, but it didn't quite turn out like I wanted it to. Oh well, still learning and getting better every time!

• Like 2

Think the red one is my favourite. The shading on the gear looks great. It's also really nice on the gold one but the colour contrast puts it over the top.

Edit: The rusting looks much better on the lower half of the model to me. Think it's an effect that really lends itself to smaller areas and patches. 

3 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Think the red one is my favourite. The shading on the gear looks great. It's also really nice on the gold one but the colour contrast puts it over the top.

Edit: The rusting looks much better on the lower half of the model to me. Think it's an effect that really lends itself to smaller areas and patches. 

Thanks, and agreed!