Rikk s Bayou Board

Rikk

Seriously running out of time for this, esp as need water effect resin setting time of 2-3 days and board needs transporting in 6 days time...

F8-BDF5-BA-86-AC-4716-A147-80-BEB28-E365

I still have to;

1. sand down the side and paint black

2. Sand down lumps on board (I had smooth pollyfilla to join cork boards but felt I need to add more to create texture- but now I wish I hadn’t and will need to sand if down before more coats of paint)

3. 2 more coats of paint on the board

4. Severe highlights on board as it’s just too dark as is

5. planks on board and for river/pond crossing to be built, painted, stuck on board

6. Foliage and tufts to be added

7. Final highlights

8. Water effects

9. Review - potentially to add some grass to the board if overall it’s still too dark

I really do need to get to step 4 today and working on the planks this evening to then by end of tomorrow to be onto step 8 with first layer of resin going down.

If that goes to plan, I should be finished late Wednesday/Thursday and ready to load in car on Friday.

Edited by Rikk
Spelling

Not quite on track but not far off, steps 1-4 below

D2-C3-B2-F6-FBE8-47-E8-964-C-70-AD1-E937

and I’m working on step 5 now

DDB80741-F124-49-B3-A582-75-BA90198-C73.

Ill get the boards done tonight and tomorrow evening I’ll get them onto the board with some tufts and shrubs.

Will probably also put a thin layer in the pond and river of water effects just to get it started

• Like 3

With 18 hours to go before I need to pack it in the car to take to UK Nationals....

2603-C96-D-B87-B-459-F-8-C75-04561-C8-A0

I still need to get all the black painted on the edge of the board and the river is still wet resin..... and I haven’t finished all the planks for the bridges yet...

Overall I’m happy but feel it’s missing something 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rikk said:

Overall I’m happy but feel it’s missing something 

I'm thinking more colour variation for the ground. Either greens or tans. Maybe? That's a whole lot of pretty dark 'n dull brown right now.

I'm not much of a terrain person so I'm just in awe of what you've achieved so far:)

• Thanks 1