Monthly painting challenge - April

Franchute

6 hours ago, Treehouse said:

@Franchute:

Sorry to say that I'll be dropping out of the challenge. I found that I work better if I can jump between projects and don't have a monthly list to work on.

@Treehouse you decide. The main goal of the challenge is to help you find motivation to paint minis. I have no problem if, in the midle of the month, you decide to paint something else than what you announce. It can even take you several months to finish a mini. I have no issue with this. The only rule that we'll apply is that a mini counts for the month when you finish it.

As I said, this challenge is to help you paint your minis. If you think there are some details we could fix to help you or others, please let us know. We could introduce them, if not this year, maybe for next year when somebody else will take over.

Edit: I loved your paint work btw. I'll always remember thar work on Rasputina.

@Franchute

First of all, thank you for your praise, it is very motivating when people like your work :)

Mhm, I thought I were more or less tied to what I could claim for the challenge, since I have quite a mass of once-started-never-finished models on the painting table. But those were WIP before I entered the challenge, so that they wouldn't count. I could upload photos of the minis I have finished this month, at least.

My two concerns are the projects I already have lying around in varying WIP stages pre-challenge and non-Malifaux stuff which doesn't have soulstone costs. So if I want to paint minis for other systems or just for fun, I'll probably not be able to make a challenge and have to mulligan.

Hello, here is the model I presented to Creature Contest:

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

The model SS value is 5, because of its zero cost. The overal value of models I painted this month is 28SS.

I have to thanks many for their congrats because of  my achivement at Creature Contest. Indeed I have to remember you that actually I tallied zero points but I was luck in getting the red joker.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Treehouse said:

Mhm, I thought I were more or less tied to what I could claim for the challenge, since I have quite a mass of once-started-never-finished models on the painting table. But those were WIP before I entered the challenge, so that they wouldn't count. I could upload photos of the minis I have finished this month, at least.

My two concerns are the projects I already have lying around in varying WIP stages pre-challenge and non-Malifaux stuff which doesn't have soulstone costs. So if I want to paint minis for other systems or just for fun, I'll probably not be able to make a challenge and have to mulligan.

I dont know about the minis from other games. Maybe we could think about something for the next challenge. But, so far, it has been accepted if you chose to include minis that you started before the begining of the year. The challenge is here to help you paint your minis. This includes all those half painted models that you have not been able to finish in the past. Please finish as many minis as you can from this stock.

• Like 3