Monthly painting challenge - April

Franchute

Just now, Franchute said:

Please dont mention other games! I have a whole dwarf army and only one model is painted and assembledĀ šŸ˜„

Please do not mention minis till to beĀ assembled...... I have no more space to move in my house because of tons of till boxed minis..... and I prefer do not talk about boargames!

• Haha 1

I totally lost track of time (life happens) and thought the Creature Feature was ending next week. Fortunately I realized last night so I could submit my "back up" entry. I was in no danger of winning this anyway but I'm sad I didn't get to finish the piece I originally wanted to enter.

Good luck to everyone else who entered.

• Like 3

Blood ward mage for 6 additional soulstones, putting me at 15ss for the month. I should maybe forget about using my phone to take picture and stick to my wife's:

IMG-20180424-WA0005_zpspzyrrtgb.jpeg

@AmdorĀ any news from the performer?Ā @BoomstickĀ I remember a Vogel in progress. @bedjy what happened with Bettari and those pigs?

@MunkyMuddFaceĀ @PiccioĀ @Kogan StyleĀ @Aa7Ā @PetitDalekĀ Ā @mrcoblinĀ @IcariusĀ @ChouĀ @Strangely BrownĀ @Hound GreyĀ you're not thinking about using your first mulligan right? :)Ā 

What about @RustAndTheCityĀ @TreehouseĀ @ScatterbrainĀ @TreemonkeyĀ @KimberlyĀ @PhinnĀ @Stonewall78Ā @iamfanboyĀ @IshkulĀ @RikkĀ @Le MulotĀ @hemgathĀ @tjgreenwayĀ ? How are you doing this month?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Purple Mist said:

@FranchuteĀ I suppose I could add toĀ my completed models for this month the mini I uploaded for the Beast Contest, but I have not idea of when the contest will be closed and pics will be free for upload. May be @KimberlyĀ could clarify this point.

I have no problem with this.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Purple Mist said:

@FranchuteĀ I suppose I could add toĀ my completed models for this month the mini I uploaded for the Beast Contest, but I have not idea of when the contest will be closed and pics will be free for upload. May be @KimberlyĀ could clarify this point.

Voting ends in 15 hours so we can upload them after that.

4 minutes ago, Kimberly said:

I can confirm both Purple Mist and H4ml3t have completed models.Ā 

Honestly I was expecting to seeĀ more people from MPC taking part to "The Creature Competition". I was also surprised to see more models from other ranges/companies. But theĀ easely predictable presence of GW models,Ā ther areĀ more minis from Kinghdom Death Monster 1.5.

1 hour ago, Purple Mist said:

Honestly I was expecting to seeĀ more people from MPC taking part to "The Creature Competition". I was also surprised to see more models from other ranges/companies. But theĀ easely predictable presence of GW models,Ā ther areĀ more minis from Kinghdom Death Monster 1.5.

Well, no one can accuse most KD monsters of being humanoid!

@FranchuteĀ thanks for checking in! Unfortunately, I've been hit with a bit of a hobby slump this month.Ā I just haven't been much interested inĀ anything I've tried to paint, and generally feeling unmotivated. But here are some models that I have worked on to some degree or another in the past, hopefully I can finish off at least 15 SS worth!! I'd hate to use a mulligan!

0425182000.jpg

Here's to hoping a relatively uninspired month (for me) will leave me recharged for May.

That said, I have really enjoyed everybody's posts for this month! I have looked at most of them, at least in passing, and as usual all of you guys put forth some really great stuff!! I am sorry for not being quite so engaged this time around.Ā 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Purple Mist said:

I was surprised by that too, but I think it depends on painting processes for people and what models they have available.Ā 

For me, I actually had to jump my planned painting order by A LOT to get to a model that qualified as a 'creature'.Ā 

For some, they may not have had a 'creature' lying around to paint, or simply weren't inspired to paint that particular model at the time.

Saying all this, I will submit my creature in lieu of Vintage Sonnia this month. She had to get put off so I could paint my beastie.Ā 

Now I just have to finish up those stitched...Ā 

• Like 1

@FranchuteĀ not by any means! I've finished Ama no Zako, two jorogumos and the hodepodge emissary, but I only have pictures from the WIPs (except from Ama no Zako). I'll try to do the third jorogumo or the desperate mercenary before the deadline.Ā 

I'm not a big fan of showing unfinished models but well, here are some pictures of those models (I'll update them by the end of the month with more crappy pictures):

IMG_20180403_234418.jpg

IMG_20180403_234423.jpg
IMG_20180412_235716.jpg

IMG_20180412_235720.jpg

IMG_20180413_183452.jpg

IMG_20180413_183455.jpg

Sin_t_tulo.png

IMG_20180424_234521.jpg

IMG_20180424_234535.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 9

I finally finished my Coraline Candy for 9 stones! I painted her like she was wearing a yellow raincoat and boots with jeans. I am quite happy with the Kill Bill blood effect šŸ˜€Ā 

I have a hard time taking photos with my phone, I'll try to take pics of the two terrain pieces I made (a fountain and a clock tower) with my partner's phone later.

And here she is! Innocence incarnated:

Ā 

18lamR3.jpgJzmFBgO.jpg

Ā 

I also started Wendigo,which was my only unpainted creature mini, but forgot about the deadline like so many others. However, I wouldn't have painted him without the contest and he only needs highlights, so it was still good to try to participate šŸ˜†Ā 

Ā 

@ChouĀ  you have quite a lot of minis going on! They all look very promising, Ama with her vibrant colours is my favourite.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Franchute said:

Blood ward mage for 6 additional soulstones, putting me at 15ss for the month. I should maybe forget about using my phone to take picture and stick to my wife's:

IMG-20180424-WA0005_zpspzyrrtgb.jpeg

@AmdorĀ any news from the performer?Ā @BoomstickĀ I remember a Vogel in progress. @bedjy what happened with Bettari and those pigs?

@MunkyMuddFaceĀ @PiccioĀ @Kogan StyleĀ @Aa7Ā @PetitDalekĀ Ā @mrcoblinĀ @IcariusĀ @ChouĀ @Strangely BrownĀ @Hound GreyĀ you're not thinking about using your first mulligan right? :)Ā 

What about @RustAndTheCityĀ @TreehouseĀ @ScatterbrainĀ @TreemonkeyĀ @KimberlyĀ @PhinnĀ @Stonewall78Ā @iamfanboyĀ @IshkulĀ @RikkĀ @Le MulotĀ @hemgathĀ @tjgreenwayĀ ? How are you doing this month?

Hey @FranchuteĀ I think I will be; not felt the Malifaux painting bug bite after the Hamelin crew took some damage at a recent tournament. I'm still grieving.Ā 

• Thanks 1