Monthly painting challenge - April

Franchute

Here are the definitive results for my montly pledge: 2 Young Nephilim (6ss x2), Mature Nephilim (11ss). Overall 23SS.

Mature Nephilim:

MN1.jpg

MN2.jpg

Young Nephilims:

YA1.jpg

YA2.jpg

YB1.jpg

YB2.jpg

The next pics are posted to give a better idea of the nighttime ambientation of the minis. Light is spreading around by pumkins eyes and mouth:

NT1.jpg

NT2.png

The Group:

GROUP.jpg

Comments and suggestion welcome. Thanks for attention and wishing you an happy painting......

• Like 9

Been working so just catching up with all the great work going on.....

Firstly @Viruk making models and sharing time with each other over the web is one thing but to hear of your daughter puts it all in another perspective...like others you are in my thoughts and my best wishes go out to you and yours......a nice take on the alt Lazarus and I really like what you did with Marlena Webster...I was going to have a go at that model next month but will wait a while now as I take ypur brushwork in

@Joachim be as modest as you like but Abuela's sombrero is just crazy good....nice work on the Jury too

@Shock & Awe lovely take on Misaki

@bedjy your garden and mansion are fantastic...very inspiring 

@Franchute Amina totally rocks 

@prof_bycid liking your medical automaton

@Purple Mist impressive work rate....your nephilim look great together and the basing is very good too

@Amdor you packed a lot of brushwork into ypur mechanical dove...came out great

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

@Burnin' Coal Thanks for kind words about my game level models.

I had to change base style in comparison to minis I worked out in two past months.... all that because of the head catched out of the earth by the Young Nephilim. So, what better than a "cemetery" base set? Pumpkins add something extra and a colourful background. I have till to take pics of the full crew (Lilith's one); hope they'ii look omogeneous and colourful as I figured out in my mind.

I have almost to words to comment your last figures. Past month I was impressed by your job on wings, but now I'm impressed by detail richness in the robes. Then, bases look very particular; there's something metallic in their surface even if I'm not sure of it because you are a master in "metal not metal" as you proved with ritual daggers. Again I must congrats.

• Thanks 1

@Viruk - Guess comments about your painting achivements are of small interest for you in these times and sincerely hope you will definitely resolve all troubles with the baby. Abdomen is not a clean place so secondary infections can occurs. I trust hospital personell will take even greater care of their little patient now and that will support your hope to get all troubles fixed and your family at home, with you.

.....BTW, I'm impressed by the green dress of the lady you painted and by richness of the details of her accessories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Burnin' Coal man, those shaman are really beautiful. It's sad in a way that I'm working my way though my Neverborn stuff and seem to have things on the docket just after you... it sets the bar stupid high!  The wings, of course, are amazing. I love the brown of his robe though too, and that bright green is really nice. Well done, man.

• Thanks 1

@Purple Mist thanks for the kind words....the bases were just a cork clad in plastic strip that I used a rivet tool on and then lots and lots of glazes using turquoise and pale yellow then shaded with very dark brown and violet....but for examples of NMM there's people on here way better than me...I just paint for enjoyment and if or when it becomes a chore I stop

@H4ml3t thanks - I like the sculpts and the idea behind them but for the first time in any of my Malifaux models I added the details to the upper skirt with Greenstuff to make them a bit more shaman like

@Shock & Awe thankyou....I hear you...it would be interesting but also a bit of a drag if we all made the same model in a month so I try to avoid starting the same models as other people in the Challenge....but the problem was I'd already started them last month...I was going to do Marlena Webster this month but saw that @Viruk was doing her so changed course...like you I am taking on a lot of Neverborn models - in my case to build on the starter set...but I also need to do the same with the Guild models I have waiting in the queue...we all use our imagination in different ways so I look forward to seeing what you do with yours

• Like 2

I got my guild models done this month. Unfortunately they were supposed to be put on the table this sunday, but an event got cancelled at the last minute which was unfortunate.

Though it still had the effect to make me finish some of my guild models who were sitting on my paint table for a lot longer that I would have hoped. So this month I finished abuela (7ss), 2 death marshal recruiters (7ss+ 7ss) and brutal effigy (4ss) for a total of 25ss @Franchute.

Painting guild models I've gotten quite a bit better at painting trench coats 😛 and I'm very pleased with how these turned out. I now noticed that I messed up one eye of the recruiter, but I'll touch that up later. I've also tried some rust effects on abuelas wheelchair, but I'm not really pleased with it. Does anyone have some tips for rust effects?

There is still some time this month which I'll probably use to continue my Kirai crew. I'm finally gonna field it in 2 weeks after receiving it as a birthday gift from @whodares last July :p? That's what you get for trying to field pained crews.

IMG_20180421_083721.jpg.0c603ad46b87c998c4b5a1ee31c746b5.jpgIMG_20180421_083729.jpg.fcfcdfb25e9457a43f96556485e3da21.jpgIMG_20180421_083703.jpg.16c9211d483b86a2a71968ce0e95a7b8.jpgIMG_20180421_083711.jpg.0d8acdbc1370777d1b0d50b4c8881de0.jpgIMG_20180421_083630.jpg.6b4532acc4cb0c76168f22df5b4b8525.jpgIMG_20180421_083650.jpg.54839df61346af4c2a135c9039c1533a.jpgIMG_20180421_083742.jpg.b1886bdf382391e4d3e8a689aee02ecb.jpgIMG_20180421_083752.jpg.2800607097f1c98ffb7ebc7d711c49b2.jpg

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Joachim said:

Though it still had the effect to make me finish some of my guild models who were sitting on my paint table for a lot longer that I would have hoped.

Did I tell you about my witchling stalker who has occupied my desk for 2 years and a half? XD Even after I moved out, he was still there. At least, he has not been alone all this time; he has a trapper next to him, giving him company.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Joachim very nice brushwork as always....very much like your recruiters and Abuela's sombrero still knocks me out....

For rust : a very good tip I picked up from the military modellers on YouTube.....sea salt....first base coat the area you wish to appear rusted with your rust color of choice (you've already done that)....take some coarse sea salt, crush it a little so that the grains are different size...brush water over the area you wish rusted then just before it dries out completely sprinkle the sea salt onto it...the remaining moisture will stick the sea salt to the plastic...airbrush a slightly lighter shade of your final color over the affected area...then moving the angle of the airbrush pass over the same area with a few spots of a slightly darker shade....wait until it is all dry then with a stiff brush remove all the stuck on salt...a brush dipped in pure water will remove the last traces of salt...you will be left with a rusted area within faded paintwork....very effective even on a first try (Imused it on my Patti Ramone entry last month)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Franchute said:

Did I tell you about my witchling stalker who has occupied my desk for 2 years and a half? XD Even after I moved out, he was still there. At least, he has not been alone all this time; he has a trapper next to him, giving him company.

He must be the cousin of my Witchling Stalkers 😂...I had to dust mine the other day because they look like old museum exhibits covered in black primer 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Franchute said:

Well, it's not that bad, I got the recruiters when they came out, so that's more than a year ago.

36 minutes ago, Burnin' Coal said:

@Joachim very nice brushwork as always....very much like your recruiters and Abuela's sombrero still knocks me out....

Thanks man. Great tip for the rust, I'll definitely try that out. I've also used this rust effect on the weapons of the recruiters and the emissary, as I think it really fits the marshals theme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burnin' Coal said:

He must be the cousin of my Witchling Stalkers 😂...I had to dust mine the other day because they look like old museum exhibits covered in black primer 😀

There're a lot of cousins all around this place. I have an army of GW Ogrees just waiting for the finishing touch with matt varnish and putting them to some decent bases.

8 minutes ago, Purple Mist said:

There're a lot of cousins all around this place. I have an army of GW Ogrees just waiting for the finishing touch with matt varnish and putting them to some decent bases.

Please dont mention other games! I have a whole dwarf army and only one model is painted and assembled 😥

• Haha 1